industry news SME profile Friday 22 Apr 2016 @ 15:02 2016 Budget Impacts on Engagement of Public Sector Temporary Workers
Outsource UK Limited
2016 Budget Impact on Engagement of Public Sector Temporary Workers:
Do you know what your responsibilities, risks and liabilities are?
Last month’s budget contained measures to change how the IR35 status of contractors providing services to public sector clients must be assessed – putting financial liability on clients and recruitment agencies to ensure this tax legislation is correctly applied.
This will mean that, where a contractor wishes to use a personal services company (Limited Company) in order to provide services to a public sector client, the client or the recruitment agency must take responsibility for ensuring that IR35 is applied correctly to the assignment.
The Legislation will be introduced formally in the Finance Bill 2017, and there will be a full consultation prior to the effective date.
The government will be issuing guidelines, checklists and possibly a digital tool on how to assess a worker’s IR35 status.
Want to Know More?
To register for a free webinar to understand how this latest announcement will affect you please contact Vicky Roythorne – Head of Compliance on email@example.com
During the Webinar we'll provide an update on:
- the details we know so far around this new legislation
- impact on existing workforce at time of enforcement
- impact on existing workforce now following this announcement. Will contractors try to move out of public sector roles sooner rather than later?
- financial risk for clients/agencies from new liabilities
- impact on attracting new workers to the public sector
- the possibility of other workforce solutions for your staffing requirements now and post April 2107
Alternatively feel free to contact Jessica Holt – Workforce Solutions Director on 07825 678324 for a direct conversation.
Outsource UK are a relationship based recruitment solutions provider. By taking the time to fully understand your unique needs, our highly experienced, sector specialist consultants can use their talent management and resource planning skills to find you the best possible candidates for your roles. At all times, you’ll benefit from a consistent point of contact, to maintain the highest standards of service and delivery.
As a genuinely independent organisation, we take a flexible, quality focused approach to business process outsourcing, ensuring we satisfy your evolving requirements for a permanent or contingent workforce. You can rely on our commitment to compliance and best practice to safeguard your interests, and to keep you updated with the latest industry developments, through timely advice and our informative, enjoyable Thought Leadership events.
We are partners to many blue chip clients throughout the UK, providing comprehensive tailor-made recruitment services including:
- contract and permanent recruitment
- interim consultancy services
- training and development services
- search and selection
- executive search
- graduate recruitment
- volume recruitment campaigns
- fixed price projects
- statement of work and output based services