back to listings SME Profile: Evolution PDR
Evolution is an independant property development consultancy offering advice on a wide range of property development issues including:
Town Planning: applications, appeals and inquiries, strategic planning, development briefs,
Development: market assessments, project viability/feasibility assessments, s106 viability appraisal assessments, property valuation, site acquistion/disposal negotiations
Regeneration: project delivery advice including phasing and timescales, developer procurement, funding bid preparation and appraisals, development and funding contract negotiations.
The Director of the company, Allison Blakeway, (M.R.I.C. S., M.R.T.P.I. and Registered Valuer) has over 20 years experience working as both employee and consultant to local authorities, and regeneration agencies such as the Homes and Communities Agency, and the former Advantage West Midlands. Formerly, Allison also provided advice to Housing Market Renewal Pathfinders and Urban Regeneration Companies.
The experience obtained in these roles has provided a track record in progressing and delivering residential and commercial schemes, at any stage from project concept to on-site implementation, either as a single party or a multi-organisational joint venture or partnership.
The company offers both bespoke services for a single aspect of work, or a one stop shop approach to wider and more complex scheme delivery. A sound knowledge of State Aid issues and public sector working practices enables a focussed and swift inception into any project. The balance between development aspiration, commercial reality and practical delivery sits at the heart of the service that is offered.
The company is fully regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. It operates from a Staffordshire base but can demonstrate involvement in a range of projects throughout the rest of the country.
Examples of Project Experience include:
- Undertaking due diligence assessment for the Homes and Communities Agency’s Get Britain Building campaign;
- Section 106 viability assessment appraisals in Walsall
- Masterplan viability assessments and delivery advice for schemes in Mansfield and Nottingham
- Strategic coordination of multi-party approach to regeneration of North Smethwick;
- Preparation of planning applications for major sites within Smethwick and Stoke;
- Housing Gap funding appraisals and contract negotiations in Stoke on Trent
- Post completion evaluation of public sector funded projects throughout the North East and East Midlands;
- Negotiation and acquisition of 40 acres of land at the former MG Rover site, Longbridge, Birmingham;
- Preparation of Articles of Memorandum for tripartite public sector SPV to delier significant housing regeneration in Nuneaton.
- Expert Witness at Public Inquiries in Dudley