back to listings SME Profile: Southern Fire Doors and Joinery
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery
Unit 3 & 4 Hamilton Business Park
Gore Road Industrial Estate
Welcome to Southern Fire Doors and Joinery
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery are based in the South of England where we have our office and production facility from here we offer a nationwide coverage within the UK. Our business has grown steadily based on our knowledge and expertise we have within the industry, we excel in building strong relationships with all our customers.
- We pride ourselves at being a leading company in the UK that can offer a complete service to our customers.
- We have invested heavily in plant machinery giving a “complete supply chain” service under one roof.
- Our experienced staff will manage the whole process from the initial client meeting, fire door surveys, specification, pricing, manufacturing, installation through to our ongoing fire door Maintenance service which we provide to many organisations nationwide.
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery specialise in the design, manufacturing and installation of fire rated doors and frames. We recognise its responsibilities to ensure that the environmental impacts of the business are managed correctly.
We are committed to a policy of environmental management throughout all of its activities adopting appropriate principles to ensure that products are designed, manufactured and installed in such a way as to reduce any potential environmental impact.
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery will ensure that these aims are achieved by:
- Compliance with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Consideration of both local and global environmental impacts of the Southern Fire Doors activities and so demonstrating commitment to pollution prevention.
- Assessment in advance, wherever possible, of the environment impacts of any significant new development, purchase of material or equipment and the adoption of any new processes or technology.
- Reducing the use or resources (materials, fuel and energy) ensuring a reduction in wastage of scarce and non-renewable commodities.
- Provision of the information necessary to enable Southern Fire Doors Ltd. products to be properly used and maintained so as to avoid unacceptable impacts on the environment.
- Encouragement of suppliers and contractors, wherever applicable, to adopt a policy of environmental management.
- Using the principles of this policy as a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets to achieve continual improvement in its environmental performance.
- The provision of adequate resource for both internal and external education to all relevant personnel ensuring compliance with this policy and its aims.
We have set up our own training program in house and stringently train our fully qualified carpenters and apprentices. They also come in every 6 months to be trained on any new products or changes within the industry.
It is paramount our door installers are highly skilled to meet the BM TRADA Q MARK certification scheme. We fit all door assemblies according to BS8214:2008 fire doors assemblies.
Doors are used on a day to day basis and are subject to wear, tear and general door abuse which can affect the performance of a fire door in the event of a fire, therefore we recommend a six month service contract or 3 months on heavily used doors. To the building and the responsible person in line with the RRO
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery are approved B M Trada Fire Door Manufacturers, we have invested heavily into a door manufacturing plant, this has giving us the flexibility and quality control that our customers want and deserve. We are now well placed to serve larger organisations that are looking for a complete supply chain.
We are now supplying many doors and door sets to the trade!!
We offer the following:
- Quick turnaround quotations
- Fully finished standard or non-standard door sizes
- Choice of veneers, beadings and lipping’s
- Bespoke vision panels in clear or Georgian wire
- Fire rating and acoustic doors
- Complete pre hung doors sets with intumescent seals
- We can supply locks, lever handles, closers, signage, kick plates
Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRO)
New fire safety laws, applying to all businesses came into effect on 1st October 2006. Replacing the old fire certificate, the new law shifts the responsibility for fire safety from the fire authorities to whoever has day-to-day control of premises. Each business must appoint a responsible person, whether it is the owner, manager, facilities manager or an expert consultant to manage the fire risk to the building, those using the premises and its immediate surroundings.
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery can assist in keeping all fire doors within a building, compliant with the new fire safety laws and reducing the risk of an enforcement action or prosecution from fire Authorities.
Our expert fire door surveyors will carry out a number of checks on each door, this information is then presented to our customer in a excel spreadsheet itemising all doors surveyed and a course of action for any work required
Southern Fire Doors and Joinery have recently acquired a joinery business this has been a strategic move allowing us the flexibility in house to give our customer more choice and furthering our “one stop” operations.
Our fully skilled team of joiners uses traditional skills, experience and professional craftsmen ship to provide a wide range of services from supply only to fully-installed joinery.
Our in house production department can now supply joinery in different timbers of choice to suit each application
Small select of services:
- Bespoke Casement & Box Sash Windows
- Feature Doors, French Doors, Garage Doors, and Bi Folding doors
- Interior Screens
- Doors frames, with overhead glass or glass side panels