back to listings SME Profile: Kate+Co
2nd Floor, 141 High Street,
Tel: 0121 705 0077
Fax: 0121 705 1107
Established in 1997 Kate+Co is an independent, specialist provider of commercial and professional staff to a wide variety of clients across the whole of the UK. We have a high number of contract clients where we have supplied on a preferred or sole supplier basis across multiple sectors and disciplines for over 15 years including but not limited to:
- Administration, clerical, secretarial, call centre, and co-ordination staff, project management staff
- IT staff (helpdesk and technician level)
- Finance, credit control, treasury and procurement
- HR, recruitment, training and learning and development
- Sales & Marketing
We have divisional experts in all of the above sectors who have either extensive sector specific recruitment experience, or who have worked operationally within the particular discipline prior to commencing a career in recruitment. Each Recruitment Partner is tasked with building a network of candidates within their own vertical market and their sector expertise not only enables them to probe effectively at interview (so selecting the highest calibre candidates), but also to build credibility with candidates and Hiring Managers alike. In short they talk the right language and understand the nuances of the role.
We work to structured KPIs with most of our clients including measures for speed of response, vacancy fulfilment, worker performance, retention and compliance with bespoke recruitment/vetting criteria.
Our average success rate of candidate placement across all clients is 86%.
Other services include:
- Payroll only service where candidates introduced by our clients are payrolled and monitored independently at a discounted rate.
- Market intelligence and salary, remuneration and benefits reports.
- Legal updates to support clients who are seeking to implement new systems in response to changes in legislation/regulation (e.g. AWR in 2011). As corporate members of the REC and TEAM, we abide by industry codes of conduct and keep up to date with legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Training clients in areas such as competency based interviewing to help operational staff make informed recruitment decisions.
- Psychometric testing including keyboard skills, software proficiency, ability testing in areas such as numerical and verbal reasoning and personality profiling.
- Assessment centre design and delivery.
- Versatility and flexibility are the watchwords of the modern workplace. That’s why a growing number of businesses look to employ temporary staff to solve their recruitment needs. Whether your contract is short or long term, full time or just a few days a week, temporary workers enable you to enhance your workforce in a way that suits your exact requirements. By using a recruitment partner you can trust all the hard work is done for you. Not only do we interview and help select your temporary staff, we manage the assignment from start to finish and are always on call to answer any questions you or your temp might have. Of course, it’s not just employers who are taking advantage of the flexibility temping offers. Many candidates prefer temping because it allows them greater freedom and variety, providing excellent opportunities to expand their skills and experience in a wide range of business environments.
- As employers’ needs continue to change and evolve and technology moves forward, support staff have had to adapt their skills to ensure they can rise to the challenge. At Kate+Co, we place candidates with an increasingly diverse range of skills in a variety of roles. Clients’ needs vary considerably from industry to industry, so it’s important we know from the outset exactly what sort of skills are necessary for each role. That’s why we make getting to know our clients a top priority. In the same way, our REC-trained permanent consultants take time to understand the candidates’ needs. We take each candidate through in-depth interviews and rigorous assessments and then begin the job-matching process.
- In a fast moving and increasingly competitive market our clients know that we represent only the best people.
- With over 60% of our new candidates in the last 12 months coming from recommendation, we understand the value of reputation and pride ourselves on gaining their trust and commitment from the minute that we meet them.
- Across all divisions, Kate+Co combines the benefits of close client relationships with thorough interviewing techniques to deliver intelligent recruitment solutions. Our friendly and fully trained consultants offer advice, support and high levels of one-to-one communication throughout the recruitment process.
- Interviewing an average of over 240 prescreened and tested candidates face to face each month, our talent database is fresh and current. Kate+Co match not only on skillset, ability and person specification to each role but assess company dynamics and team fit each and every time.