Big Lottery Fund
|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Celebrate good times with £140k Lottery boost
Groups across Scotland are sharing in £140,649 from the Big Lottery Fund’s Celebrate programme.
A total of 36 groups are using grants of £500 to £5,000 to run their own events or activities that allow people to celebrate what makes their local community special. See a complete list of grants.
Here are some examples of what has been funded:
- Chinese Community Development Partnership Limited receives £3,980 to host a one day event in Glasgow to celebrate Chinese New Year 2017 with stalls and performances. This will bring people together to celebrate Chinese culture.
- Urras Oighreachd Ghabhsainn in South Galson in the Isle of Lewis, is a Community Land Trust which took over ownership of the Galson Estate in January 2007. It will use its £4,870 grant to mark the 10 year anniversary of the community buy-out, with a series of events and activities over the course of the year.
- Fife Gaelic Development Group will hold group a community event featuring music, storytelling, dance, sports and food to promote Gaelic Culture and language thanks to a grant of £4,750.
Maureen McGinn, Big Lottery Fund Scotland Director, said: “These Big Lottery Fund grants celebrate what is special about individual communities across Scotland. From arts festivals and musical tributes to cultural activities and free family fun days, these events will bring people together to volunteer, socialise and meet others in their area. Celebrate has caught the imagination of Scottish groups and I am delighted that today’s Lottery funding will bring their ideas to life.”
The Celebrate programme has now closed to applications. The programme awarded grants of up to £5,000 to allow groups to hold one off events or activities which celebrate their local community.
Notes to Editors
For funding and general enquiries call:
BIG Advice Line: 0345 4 10 20 30
For press enquiries call:
Press Office: 0141 242 1458/07823 552 889
- The total amount available across the UK for the Celebrate programme is £5 million. To find out more please visit: www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/celebrate.
- *YouGov poll on behalf of the Big Lottery Fund with 2109 respondents, June 2016.
About the Big Lottery Fund
- The Big Lottery Fund is the largest funder of community activity in the UK. We put people in the lead to improve their lives and communities, often through small, local projects.
- We are responsible for giving out 40% of the money raised by National Lottery players for good causes. Every year we invest over £650 million and award around 12,000 grants across the UK for health, education, environment and charitable purposes.
- Since June 2004 we have awarded over £9 billion to projects that change the lives of millions of people. Since the National Lottery began in 1994, £34 billion has been raised and more than 450,000 grants awarded.
Latest News from
Big Lottery Fund
£18.5 million National Lottery funding for community projects across England17/01/2017 15:05:00
More than 530 projects across England are sharing £18,560,998 in the latest round of grant awards from the Big Lottery Fund.
Local neighbourhoods inspired to tackle loneliness with £2.7million national lottery grant16/01/2017 09:20:00
A pioneering UK-wide project to tackle loneliness through community collaboration has received £2.7million from the Big Lottery Fund.
£4.3m New Year Lottery boost for Scottish communities13/01/2017 09:20:00
It’s a great start to the year for 19 groups across the country as the Big Lottery Fund Scotland yesterday announced £4.3m of life changing National Lottery funds.
New year funding boost for Northern Ireland groups12/01/2017 15:25:00
A group of carers in Co Fermanagh are supporting each other and reducing loneliness thanks to National Lottery funding.