|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
New Infrastructure Finance Chief unveiled
The Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) announces Matthew Vickerstaff as their new Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Head of Project Finance.
Yesterday (7 November) the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA) announced Matthew Vickerstaff will become its new Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Head of Project Finance.
The move reflects the importance the government places on securing private sector investment to fund the country’s infrastructure and Mr Vickerstaff will start his role on 14 November.
This is a new post that will bring additional world-class project finance expertise to the IPA, a government body which provides expert support for major infrastructure and government projects.
In addition to his responsibilities in the IPA, Matthew will be the Head of the Project Finance profession across government, the first time such a post has existed.
Tony Meggs, CEO of IPA, said:
I am delighted to welcome Matthew to the IPA. I look forward to working closely with Matthew as he brings with him a wealth of private sector expertise in the financing of major international infrastructure projects across a broad range of sectors.
He will play an invaluable role in leading the project finance profession across government and demonstrating that the UK is open for business.
Chief Secretary to the Treasury, David Gauke said:
We are determined to build a bigger, better, Greater Britain, and we will do all we can to help attract investment to ensure our infrastructure is fit for the 21st century.
Matthew’s proven experience and commercial expertise will help the UK attract additional infrastructure investment by bringing the private sector on board.
Matthew Vickerstaff, Deputy CEO, Infrastructure and Projects Authority, said:
I am really looking forward to joining the IPA at such an exciting time for infrastructure.
This government’s ambition to deliver high quality infrastructure must be matched by its ability to work with investors, project sponsors from the UK and across the world.
Mr Matthew Vickerstaff
- Matthew has spent over 10 years at Societe Generale, leading teams responsible for advisory, banking, equity investment and the capital markets, with clients across multiple industries, including airports, ports, rail, roads, PPPs, utilities, renewables, energy and real estate
- most recently he was Head of Impact Investment Banking at ClearlySo
Deputy CEO role
- they will deputise for the CEO as required, as well as having direct leadership responsibility for the management of teams responsible for PF2 policy and implementation, the UK Guarantees Scheme, and the IPA’s international team
- they will also be spokesperson for the IPA and government on the use of private finance to deliver public projects
- the post holder will be the Head of the Project Finance Profession within government
Latest News from
Chancellor seeks to deepen economic ties with key markets08/12/2016 11:25:08
The Chancellor will visit South Africa, Japan and South Korea, to provide support to key industries for the UK economy.
Financial Secretary's remarks on the ninth edition of the Total Tax Contribution of UK Financial Services07/12/2016 12:20:21
Jane Ellison yesterday addressed the City of London Corporation following publication of the latest figures examining the complete range of taxes paid by the Financial Services industry in the year to March 2016.
UK infrastructure investment to reach record high06/12/2016 12:20:07
Pipeline setting out over £500 billion worth of infrastructure investment published.
Finance Bill 2017: government legislates for new tax changes06/12/2016 09:25:17
Finance Bill 2017 continues the government’s commitment to tackle tax evasion and avoidance and support business through the tax system.