Five bidders shortlisted in tender for Burbo Bank Extension Offshore Windfarm
13 Sep 2016 02:28 PM
Ofgem yesterday announced a shortlist of five bidders competing to own and run the £230 million transmission link to the Burbo Bank Extension offshore windfarm, situated in the Bay of Liverpool.
The shortlist shows there is strong competition to own the link and the bidders will go through to the final stage of the tender where Ofgem will appoint the Offshore Transmission Owner (OFTO) for this project. The OFTO will receive a guaranteed revenue stream for 20 years under the terms of their licence, subject to availability of the assets.
The following bidders have been shortlisted:
- Balfour Beatty Equitix Consortium (a consortium comprising Balfour Beatty Investments Ltd and Equitix Ltd)
- Dalmore Capital Limited (acting in its capacity as manager of the PPP Equity PIP LP)
- Diamond Transmission Partners (consortium comprising Mitsubishi Corporation and HICL Infrastructure Company Ltd)
- Mari Energy Transmission (consortium comprising Macquarie Corporate Holdings Pty Ltd and Frontier Power Ltd)
- Transmission Capital Partners (consortium comprising International Public Partnerships Ltd and Transmission Capital Partners Ltd Partnership)
Ofgem expects to announce details of the preferred bidder for the Burbo Bank Extension project in April 2017.
The Burbo Bank Extension project is being tendered under the fourth round of the OFTO regime. Since the regime was set up in 2009 it has attracted nearly £3 billion investment and led to significant savings in the costs of delivering offshore wind.
Notes to editors
More information about the offshore transmission owner regime can be found in our offshore transmission section.
Ofgem is the independent energy regulator for Great Britain. Its priority is to make a positive difference for consumers by promoting competition in the energy markets and regulating networks.
For facts, figures and information about Ofgem’s work, see Energy market facts and figures.
Follow us on Twitter @ofgem
For further press information contact:
Chris Lock: 0207 901 7225
Out of hours: 07766 511 470