|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
IISS: USAF challenges beyond the defence budget
The latest Strategic Comment from the International Institute for Strategic Studies looks at the air force plans for a future that reflects the United States Department of Defense’s Fiscal Year 2013 budget request.
In addressing the reduced funding, the air force has been willing to trade some ‘ageing quantity’ to secure quality.
Latest News from
Work Foundation - New policy unit says Government must reassess its strategy to achieve real improvements in health and wellbeing in the workplace21/10/2014 12:35:44
• New Health at Work Policy Unit launched by Lancaster University’s Work Foundation
• Numerous barriers remain in the implementation of health and wellbeing policies
• First paper finds companies are continuing to neglect the strong business case
• Government must empower businesses by considering new and alternative policy options such as tax incentives, a levy system, or local budget pooling
CIVITAS - Police spend more time mass vetting the public than monitoring known sex offenders and suspects21/10/2014 11:35:50
• Coalition has failed to scale back criminal records checks as promised, report reveals
• Costs have continued to rise, to £212m a year, as bureaucracy continues to grow
• Almost 4m checks last year, including more than 800,000 volunteers, FOI figures show
Policy Exchange - Unemployment benefits to vary depending on how long an individual has worked under radical shake-up of welfare system17/10/2014 09:35:42
People who have been in work all their lives set to benefit from £10,000 pot on retirement says leading think tank