industry news SME profile Monday 18 Feb 2019 @ 11:23 New Central Government Council Members announced
techUK is delighted to announce the new Council members.
Following recent elections, the new members of the techUK Central Government Council have been announced. The elections were fiercely fought, with more than 2 people standing for every seat.
Composed of 10 SME reps and 10 from larger companies, this year’s CGC brings together a diverse range of tech industry leaders who will champion the sector and drive an ambitious programme of activity between techUK and central government.
The CGC aims to lead debate on new technologies, optimise use of existing capabilities and provide a forum for the public sector to engage with industry. This includes close working with major Whitehall departments to help them act as intelligent clients when procuring technology.
The primary role of the CGC is to represent the tech sector at a high level to Government and set the strategic direction of techUK's Central Government programme, contributing to forward planning and ensuring the programme accurately reflects members’ priorities.
- Naureen Khan, Chief of Staff, Health & Public Services, Accenture
- Richard Clarke, Director, Fivium (SME Vice Chair)
- Gordon Morrison, Director for EMEA Government Affairs, Splunk
Central Government Council Members
- Chris Farthing, Managing Director, Advice Cloud
- Kris Saxton, Partner & Co-Founder, Automation Logic
- Scott Hamilton, Central Government Manager – UK & Ireland, Amazon Web Services
- Tim Skinner, Director for Central Government, BT
- Alex Slater, Vice President, Head of Public Sector, Capgemini
- Sara Bowden, Sales Manager, CDW
- Lindsay Smith, CMO, CtrlO
- Harry Metcalfe, Founder of DXW Digital, CEO, DXW Cyber
- Patrick Stephenson, Client Managing Director: Central & Regional Government, Fujitsu
- Andy Astbury, Director, Public Sector – Central Government and Devolved Executives, IBM
- Anthony Darch, Business Development Director, Methods
- Laura Bouchard, Central Government Microsoft
- Chris Gledhill, CEO, PDMS
- Tom McCann, Head of Central Government, Sopra Steria
- Clare Hill, CEO, Sysdoc
- Lee Murray, CEO, Triangulate Distribution
- Nicky Stewart, Commercial Director, UKCloud
Naureen Khan, newly elected Chair of the Council, yesterday said:
“I’m thrilled to be elected by techUK members to be Chair of the Central Government Council. The council has a rich diversity of membership which, together, can have an important voice in the delivery of better public services.”
“Our members work day-to-day helping to deliver critical services across government and I want us to have an open dialogue with central government departments to help bring improvements across both sides. Through better engagement with government, sharing of information and creating a platform for innovation, I truly believe we can help enable innovation and embrace new technology opportunities for outcomes that matter both now and in the future.”