industry news SME profile Monday 21 May 2018 @ 17:17 No other legal database offers more…
PNLD is an information resource of criminal justice legislation containing Acts of Parliament, Common Law, Regulations, Orders and Byelaws, Case Summaries and the National Standard Offence Wordings and Codes used throughout the court system of England and Wales.
We provide clear explanations and guidance on the law, all written in plain English to ensure the information can be readily understood and quickly assimilated. Helpful guidance notes and hyperlinks to useful legal definitions aid ease of use.
PNLD continues to guide and inform the Police Service of England and Wales on criminal law and has done so for over 20 years. We provide timely, accurate and essential information on legal matters that many officers need on a day-to-day basis. The content and style of our legal database has proved so successful that we have made it available to all on subscription.
Our team of highly qualified Legal Advisers research new and amended legislation daily, reacting promptly to legislative changes. As such, PNLD's legal database is considered by its customers to be a trusted and vital tool of their trade.
Access is available, on subscription, to support all those with an interest in criminal justice, whether professionally, academically or for their personal development.
As a criminal justice professional, we know how vital it is to apply the law appropriately. Knowing precisely what you can do in pursuing an investigation but equally as important, what you cannot do.
PNLD will help to support you in making those challenging decisions.
View our PNLD highlights programme, created by ITN's bespoke production hub in partnership with the Police Federation and introduced by Natasha Kaplinsky.
Attaining the BSI accreditation (ISO 9001) for the 11th successive yearshows our commitment to providing and maintaining processes key to producing high quality products and services recognised at a national level.
Current England & Wales Legislation
Easy to find by document type
Acts & Regulations
With links to relevant sections of law
Standard offence wordings
Created by PNLD for use nationally
Case Law summaries
That keep legal principles intact
In clear and simple English
To useful 'legal definitions'
Relevant and reflecting the real world
Your legal questions
Answered by our qualified Legal Advisers
- We know how vital it is to apply the law appropriately. We will support you in making those challenging decisions when pursuing an investigation.
- Responding to the general public’s most frequently asked policing questions. Reducing calls to the police, freeing up resources and saving money.
- Motoring & The Law app is the latest product in PNLD’s suite of legal resources. Simple to complex traffic Q&A’s are supported by a wealth of up to date legal knowledge.
- Read about the benefits for embedding “Ask the Police” within YOUR website. Answering the questions the public regularly ask the police - saving time, money and resources.
- PNLD provides the legal foundation for students aspiring to be the next generation of police officers and underpins what they do and how they do it.
- Provides an independent online collection of victim and witness information with the ability to access a choice of dedicated supporting organisations.
- Changes to legislation has created, transferred and enabled the sharing of law enforcement responsibility with other organisations.