GDPR and What to look for in your Data Protection Officer (DPO)

All public sector organisations (with the exception of the courts) that process the personal information of data subjects must appoint a DPO to oversee processing activities prior to The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on 25th May 2018. 

According to recent research by the ICO, 75% of councils have appointed a Data Protection Officer, leaving 25% that still have not, but there is plenty of time.

Even if your organisation is not required to formally appoint a DPO, that doesn’t mean you won’t be affected by the new regulations. You will still be required to comply, and a suitably qualified individual will need to be in place to ensure that your organisation is meeting the demands of the GDPR.

This simple, quick and helpful guide sets out:

  • What to look for in appointing your DPO
  • What will your DPO do?
  • what qualifications and experience does your DPO need?

Simply submit to download your copy of our guide on What to Look for in a DPO now:  

If you see this, leave this form field blank and invest in CSS support.
Your Details (* denotes required field)

Non WiredGov Registrants: Please fill in all the required fields below.

WiredGov Registrants: Simply login here to automatically fill the fields with your information. Alternatively you can fill in the required fields manually.

Share this campaign

Iron Mountain

Latest tweets