Featured Campaign from UKCloud
Surrey CC Deploy Cloud Emergency Management Platform
SUPPORTING VULNERABLE PEOPLE DURING A CRISIS
When an incident occurs in Surrey, Surrey County Council’s Emergency Management Team often has a role to play alongside the emergency services.
- In the winter floods of 2013-14, it had to help the county’s most vulnerable people by:
- Gathering data about them from multiple sources
- Integrating and validating it, and distributing it to the field.
The council decided to make things happen faster by developing an application to test new ways of working.
The main challenges were:
- Find a cost-effective infrastructure to support an agile development project
- Be able to deploy infrastructure resources quickly, alter them easily and turn them off without penalty
- Avoid putting personal data about vulnerable people at risk
Surrey County Council selected UKCloud as its infrastructure provider. Why? Because it was a G-Cloud provider. Because of its exclusive focus on the UK public sector. And because it had a security evidence pack to hand.
While security due diligence was completed, UKCloud worked with the solution developer to scope out the initial cloud infrastructure design and cost.
Within two weeks, everything was ready for the alpha project to start.
“Our team met best-practice standards to process most datasets within an hour of receipt, but we wanted to do more to overcome the limitations of the manual process,”
Mark Edridge, Digital Programme Manager, Surrey CC.
Submit your details below to access the full case study and find out how UKCloud can help your organisation: