back to listings SME Profile: Omni HR Solutions
On June 20 2003 the Financial Times reported in an article on psychometric testing that “existing tools were unsuitable for recruitment and that new thinking was required”. More than twenty years ago Dan Harrison began developing an instrument that addressed precisely the concerns raised by that article.
Harrison Assessments (HA), developed in Perth, Western Australia with Omni HR Solutions providing the software development expertise, was initially introduced into South East Asia through the mid to late '90s. Now available in 11 languages, Omni HR Solutions is introducing HA to the UK.
There are 2 important areas to consider in staff selection and development:
- Eligibility - The person's level of previous work experience, education & training
- Suitability - The degree to which a person's natural tendencies and preferences correspond with the requirements of a position.
In general, eligibility is easier to alter than suitability since suitability is based upon ingrained preferences and tendencies. Thus, a better approach to employee screening and development is to identify the position(s) to which a person is naturally suited. This will result in;
- Better performance and productivity
- Happier employees
- Lower employee turnover
- Uses a full spectrum of behavioural assessments, including personality, interests, work environment preferences, and task preferences covering in total over 150 dimensions.
- Uses a questionnaire that provides the equivalent of a full day of testing in only 30 minutes.
- Uses a technological lie detector with greater than 99% accuracy.
- Reports are easy to interpret and do not require specialised training for interpretation.
- Offers complete customisation to specific job requirements.
- Uses a comprehensive database of success traits for different position types.
- Delivers cost effective high correlation with actual job performance.
HA can be used for the following business applications.
- Screening and Employee Selection
- Employee Retention
- Employee Development
- Culture Change
- Performance Improvement
- Executive Coaching
- Changes in Leadership or Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Succession Management
- Outplacement and Career Guidance
Who is Using HA
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Avon Cosmetics
- Bank of New York
- City Savings Bank
- Coopers & Lybrand
- Domino's Pizza
- Ericsson Mobile Communications
- Fuji Xerox
- Glaxo Wellcome
- Group 4 Securitas
- Hewlett Packard
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kraft Foods
- Philippine Airlines
- Prudential Assurance
- The Fidelity Group
- Toyota Motors
Training Provider, Government Job Training Program
“A current project is the selection and training of people for a new type of customer service role within BP service stations. The success of our program has been applauded nationally by the Federal Government and BP Australia. It is my belief that without the support of Harrison Assessments, this degree of success would not have been achieved. A recently conducted post-program employment analysis of graduates from the BP courses has reinforced the effectiveness of Harrison Assessments as a tool for employment selection. Eighty-three per cent of people still remain in their positions as compared to only nineteen per cent in similar government funded training programs.”