back to listings SME Profile: Value People Ltd
Value People Ltd
Welcome to Value People - Helping you build your better business case
Value People are specialists in the development and delivery of “Better Business Cases” using the best practice HM Treasury Five Case Model Methodology.
Whether you require high level strategic assessment and prioritisation; a Programme, Strategic, Outline, or Full Business Case, Value People can help.
We offer flexible and bespoke expert services to help you build your Better Business Case.
We would be delighted to hear about your business case so please get in touch for an informal chat or exploratory discussion.
- Full Service - Preparing and drafting business cases from inception to completion through each individual work stage to ensure compliance with recognised “best practice” methodology and individual funding body requirements
- Refine and Sharpen - Acting as a mentor and critical friend to refine and sharpen business case submissions and providing expert opinion and input to improve and turnaround complex business cases that have been rejected by funding authorities
- Support and Guidance - Providing experienced interim programme and project managers to address skill gaps related to Better Business Case procedures
- Bespoke Training - Our extensive knowledge of developing, reviewing and writing ‘Better Business Cases’ uniquely positions us to provide high quality, targeted training solutions which are delivered by skilled and experienced practitioners in a range of learning styles
HOW WE OPERATE
Value People works across the UK on either short-term or long-term standalone contracts or assignments.
Many of our clients place contracts directly with us, typically following a competitive tendering exercise.
As use of framework contracts is becoming increasingly prevalent – and in some cases organisations are directed to use a particular framework – Value People has teamed up with Government Procurement Service registered firms in order to enable clients to access our services via this route. Please contact us for more details.
Gain access to the Value People Knowledge Bank. Here you will find presentations from the Better Business Case Network, related best practice advice and a selection of informative video links to help you build your ‘Better Business Case’
Better Business Case training – direct from skilled and experienced practitioners
- Since establishing Value People we have frequently been asked if we can recommend an accredited Better Business Case™ training provider particularly as in the last five years Stefan as an Approved Better Business Case Trainer, has personally trained over 500 people in the methodology.
- To meet this demand we are pleased to announce that Value People has entered into a strategic alliance with Inspiring Projects, an APMG-approved Accredited Training Organisation (ATO). Inspiring Projects was the first ATO in the world to be approved to deliver Better Business Cases training.
- As a reseller of Inspiring Projects accredited training materials, Value People can now offer clients a full range of bespoke Better Business Cases training solutions and certification services.
- Training Options Our extensive knowledge of developing, reviewing and writing ‘Better Business Cases’ uniquely positions us to provide high quality, targeted training – not just from trainers, but skilled and experienced practitioners, supported by Inspiring Projects’ accredited training and best practice Classroom and eLearning teaching materials.
We understand the need to cater for all learning styles as well as individual circumstances and personal preferences, so we offer a range of training solutions to meet most needs.
- Classroom Learning
- Blended Learning
Who are our courses for?
All learners are welcome but our courses are probably most relevant for those developing and producing spending proposals for assessment and approval including:
- Accounting Officers
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Programme Directors
- Project Managers
- Directors of Finance and Procurement
- Members of Management and Approvals Boards
The Foundation course provides learners with sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the ‘Five Case Model’.
Via Inspiring Projects we are able to provide learners with access to the Foundation Level certification examinations either online or in a formal classroom setting.
The foundation examination format is as follows:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
The Practitioner qualification confirms that learners have acquired sufficient understanding of the theory and application of the ‘Five Case Model’ to allow them to effectively develop and produce a business case. A successful practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the Five Cases Model to a real life project.
Via Inspiring Projects, we are able to provide learners with access to the Practitioner Level certification examinations in a formal classroom setting.
The practitioner examination format is as follows:
- Objective testing against a scenario
- 4 questions per paper, with 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book exam
Additional and follow on options
We understand that sometimes a second opinion or some targeted support can be really helpful so in addition to accredited training, Value People offer follow on mentoring and support packages to organisations that have completed our training courses. We can also provide bespoke master classes related to detailed aspects of Better Business Case development such as:
- The Options Framework – Focusing on the most appropriate and flexible way to develop the Options Framework and drawing on real life examples to demonstrate how it can be best used at strategy, programme or project level.
- The Development of Economic and Financial Appraisals – Focusing on the principal differences between Economic and Financial Appraisals and their roles in the business case
- Benefits and Better Business Cases – Focusing on the different classifications of benefits and their role and treatment within a business case.
Value People welcome enquiries from individuals and organisations and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements in detail in order to provide a bespoke training solution and quotation.
Better Business CasesTM is a trade mark of Her Majesty's Treasury
FIVE CASE MODEL
- Programme Business Case
- Preparing the Strategic Outline Case (SOC)
- Planning the scheme and preparing the Outline Business Case (OBC)
- Procuring the solution and preparing the Full Business Case(FBC)
For larger and more complex assignments Value People has assembled a team of experienced associate consultants to provide expert technical opinion and support across a range of specialisms:
Specific areas of support include:
- Economic and financial modelling
- Procurement advice
- Programme and project management
- Building cost management
- ICT procurement
- Contract administration
- European funding
- Community benefit
- Regeneration and planning