back to listings SME Profile: KADEC ASBESTOS MANAGEMENT
KADEC ASBESTOS MANAGEMENT
Dragon Enterprise Centre
Tel: 01702 308 438
Welcome to Kadec - Impartial, expert advice on asbestos and services for any asbestos issue
Safely managing the risks associated with asbestos in line with legal requirements can be a complex process.
You can rely on Kadec Asbestos Management to assess, advise and manage all asbestos risks for you. From regulatory compliance advice through to removal and disposal of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs), we’ll ensure your people and premises remain safe, whilst exceeding all necessary regulations and industry standards for asbestos testing. Read more About us
Our Asbestos Management Services include:
- Consultancy, Advice & Compliance
- Training (UKATA)
- Museums & Historic Objects
- Project Design & Management
- Analysis & Air Monitoring
- Removal & Stabilisation
- Emergency Response
Having asbestos present on your premises isn’t necessarily problematic provided it is managed correctly in line with current regulations. We help our clients manage their risks by analysing their needs and providing workable solutions.
The regulatory definition of managing asbestos risks is defined as follows:
“Managing the risk means making sure that as far as reasonably practicable no one can come to any harm from asbestos on the premises”.
(taken from the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 - L127 ACoP 4 (8) & (9) Para 83)
Working closely with the client’s legal ‘Dutyholder’, our team locate and assess all accessible Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) in building fabric, plant equipment and historic objects.
Once identified, all asbestos risks can be fully assessed and management plans implemented to minimise exposure and prevent the spread of asbestos. Our unique asbestos management documentation not only meets all regulatory requirements, but also ensures all asbestos information is easily and quickly understood so that daily management of ACMs is a straightforward process, rather than a headache.
Asbestos Management Systems
At Kadec we believe that if your asbestos information is quick, simple and easy to understand, more people will use it correctly which will instantly reduce everyone’s risks. So we’ve developed a unique system to make your life easier.
Through our vast experience across a multitude of asbestos hazards in many different premises and environments, we’ve created a unique set of Asbestos Management Systems. Our system helps transform the standard Asbestos Management Survey Report (formerly Type 2) information into a simple, user-friendly format that everyone can understand. It’s a single point of reference for all asbestos risks on any premises, containing everything required for complete legal compliance, all in one place.
Our Asbestos Management Systems meet the requirements of both the Control of Asbestos Regulations (Reg 4), and the HSG264 Asbestos – the Survey Guide.
There are 3 different types of training provided all of which are UKATA registered.
Asbestos Awareness Training
This level is required for everyone who is liable to be exposed to asbestos as part of their day-to-day work, to reduce their risks of exposure to asbestos. This involves a wide range of personnel, and includes specific trades:
- General Maintenance Staff
- Electricians & Plumbers
- Gas Fitters
- Painters & Decorators
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Demolition workers
- Construction workers
- Heating Engineers
- Air Ventilation Engineers
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers
- Computer (IT) Installers
- Building Surveyors
- Shop Fitters
- Other such professionals
Non-Licensable Asbestos Work
- This level is required for everyone who is knowingly going to disturb any ACM, to ensure the correct control measures, precautions and procedures are in place, in order to prevent the spread of asbestos. This includes demonstrations on safe operation of specialist plant and equipment as well as selection of suitable PPE & RPE
Regulatory Compliance Awareness Sessions for Senior Managers or Dutyholders
- This is required in order to understand their legal obligations for statutory compliance and the duties they are required to carry out. To minimise an organisation’s risk of prosecution or compensation claim it is critical that these regulations are understood and complied with. Being unable to prove compliance could mean you remain liable.
Museums – Asbestos management in museums can be diversely challenging, particularly when managing risks from both the museum buildings and their historic objects.
From assessment through to project completion, our qualified asbestos inspectors are experienced in inspecting and assessing museum buildings, plant, equipment and old objects. We pay particular care and attention to historically important and grade-listed locations to minimise damage, whilst maximising the value of report results.
Working very closely with conservators and curators Kadec have also developed products which are safe and suitable for use on Asbestos Containing Objects (ACOs), which consolidates the asbestos entirely yet has a very minimum visual appearance. Kadec have successfully consolidated over 100,000 historic objects across the UK to a unique standard, and have many testimonials from satisfied clients.
Kadec’s experience with both estates and collections departments is reflected by our assistance to create guidelines for asbestos management for historic objects in ‘HSG264 Asbestos - The Survey Guide’.
Every day hundreds of leading organisations and businesses, from hospitals to insurance companies, rely on our impartial advice.
With over 90% of our business coming via referral and recommendations, we never take your trust for granted.
Private & Public Sectors including:
- BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Threadneedle Property Investments
- Legal & General
- Cofely GDF Suez Ltd
- Propinvest Asset Management
- Reed Business Information
- Crawford & Company
- Knight Frank
- Nestle Head Office
- Newham NHS Services
- Port of Felixstowe
- Case New Holland
- Southend University Hospital
We have unrivalled experience working with the UK’s museums and galleries:
- The Science Museum - London
- The Science Museum Swindon
- The National Railway Museum
- The National Media Museum
- The Museum of Science & Industry
- Blythe House Object Storage Facility
- The Imperial War Museum
- The British Museum
- The Museums of London
- The Victoria & Albert Museum
- The National Maritime Museum
- The National Museums of Scotland
- The National Museum of Flight
- The National Mining Museum
- The Museum of Rural Life
- The Scottish Maritime Museum
- The National Trust Scotland
- The Steam Museum
- Marybank Depository in Stornoway
- The Crime Museum in New Scotland Yard
- The Type Museum
- The Charles Dickens Museum
- The Ironbridge Gorge Museum
- The Royal Engineers Museum
- English Heritage
- Falkirk Community Trust
- Geffrye Museum of the Home
- Chatham Historical Dockyard
- Wandsworth Museum
- Birmingham Museums Trust
- Brent Museums & Archives
- British Motor Industry Heritage Trust
- University College London
- Lord & Lady Aberdeen’s Estate & Collections @ Haddo House
- The Royal Armouries
- The Amberley Museum
- The Francis Crick Institute
- Alfred Gillet Trust Shoe Museum
- London Transport Museum
- London College of Fashion