back to listings SME Profile: Defibshop
630 Liverpool Road
Telephone (Customer Service) : 0800 470 4847
Telephone (Sales): 0845 071 0830
Emergency Out of Hours (for training): 07815 544691
Welcome to Defibshop
For over 12 years, defibshop.co.uk has set the standard for the distribution of defibrillators as the country’s number 1 supplier of AEDs in the UK; stocking every manufacturer available on the market for workplaces and public locations nationwide.
Providing clients with AED solutions tailored to fit their needs, we also stock a wide range of first aid supplies, accessories and medical diagnostic equipment as well as providing accredited training to turn employees into confident life-savers.
- So why do we do what we do? Well, currently approximately 140,000 people suffer from sudden cardiac arrest each year in the UK, a figure we want to change by raising awareness and educating the public on the only definitive treatment that will save a victim of cardiac arrest.
- With every working day, our passionate defibshop team strive to help create as many Heart Safe environments in the UK as possible. By helping to spread the knowledge of life-saving care, we hope we can help to preserve the lives of those who suffer cardiac arrest out of a hospital environment and frankly, we can’t think of a better way to spend our day.
- There aren’t many jobs out there we can think of that are much better than endeavouring to save as many lives as possible on a day to day basis. To this date, defibshop has helped to place over 11,000 defibrillators since we began, and we have no intention of stopping there.
- We have a wide client base including notable companies such as Shell, ITV, Rolls-Royce, JD Sports and BMW. We help all companies large or small as well as leisure centres or public hot spots and even households to become heart safe by getting them equipped with a defibrillator.
- We are committed to getting as many defibrillators out into public places, as for us – that means we’re saving as many lives as possible.
- Cardiac Science
- CU Medical Systems
- Philips Laerdal
- Physio Control
- Starter Kits
- Electrode Pads
- Electrode Pad Bundles
- Batteries And Chargers
- Applications And Maintenance
- Carrying Cases And Backpacks
- First Aid Kits
- First Aid Supplies
- Mechanical CPR Devices
- Outdoor Cabinets
- Rescue Kits
- Training Manikins
- Wall Mounts And Cabinets
- Wall Signs
- Training Accessories
- Training Units
- Carry Bags and Trolleys
- ECG Machines
- Pulse Oximeters
- Blood Pressure Recorders
- Oxygen Therapy
- Otoscopes & Ophthalmoscope
As well as offering impartial advice on all of our defibrillators, we also offer first-class, nationally accredited AED training to give you confidence in using your life-saving defibrillator, including first aid skills and CPR. Anyone can attend our training courses and do not have to have had any first aid experience prior.
Purchasing a defibrillator for your environment, whether it be at home or at work, is a massive step into making the people around you heart safe. We strongly believe that training in the use of a defibrillator is massively beneficial to enhance the skills of the user for an emergency situation.
How AED Training Can Help
A defibrillator can, of course, be used with no training as each unit provides either visual or audio instructions (or both) to help you through the rescue process.
However training and gaining some familiarity with the unit can only benefit you and boost your own personal confidence if you ever need to use the unit in a pressure situation. Once you have made the right move and purchased your life saving defibrillator, we don’t want you to worry about ever needing to use it.
Early effective CPR and defibrillation can drastically improve a person’s survival chances from a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) from 6% - 74% if administered within 3-5 minutes. If a defibrillator is used inside 60 seconds a person’s chances increase even further to a massive 90%.
Provided immediately after a person has suffered an SCA, effective bystander CPR can double a victim's chance of survival.
All our defibrillator training courses not only adhere, but exceed the core competencies which are laid down by the Resuscitation Council UK. Therefore we know you are getting advanced training during our cost effective courses.
How Long Am I Qualified For?
Once you have completed our accredited CPR and AED training courses, you’re ready to go for 3 years. After which you can jump on one of our refresher courses to keep your skills intact, it couldn’t be easier.