back to listings SME Profile: DeFib UK
Welcome to DeFib UK
DeFib UK is a family run company, bought to you by the same team that run Good Skills Training Ltd.
Like our training company, we are passionate to deliver a high quality service, from advising your on your AED and First Aid Supplies, helping with the ordering service and getting you your equipment as soon as possible.
We are passionate that AED's should be available in as many places as possible, it was for this reason that we set up DeFib UK. We will look to give you impartial advice for your AED and first aid supplies, to enable you to make the right choice.
If you would like a Demo we can either arrange a conference call, or if you are looking to bulk buy, then we will be happy to come and meet you.
If you are looking to purchase an AED and you're not sure what you need, our bundle deals will take away all the stress and time of researching this. Our bundle deals include:
- AED of your choice
- AED Rescue Kit - with razor, face shield & wipes
- Manufacturers Wall Bracket - a suitable wall bracket for your AED as recommended by the manufacturer of your AED, or you could upgrade to:
- Wall Cabinet - for extra protection put your AED in a suitable wall cabinet
- Training - there is an option to add training for up to 12 people to your bundle at a reduced rate.
WHY SHOULD I PURCHASE AN AED?
- There are around 30,000 cases of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) outside of hospital in the UK each year
- Of these it is estimated by the NHS that only 18.5 % will survive
- An American study showed that 13% of all workplace deaths were a result of cardiac arrest
- If you introduce an AED into the chain of survival, you chance of survival goes from under 10% with CPR alone, increasing by up to 75% when an AED is introduced
- For every minute you go without an AED, your chance of survival decreases by 10%
ARE AED’S EASY TO USE?
- Yes. Most AED’s either start when opened, or when a power button is pushed
- AED’s are designed to guide users through the process
- An AED decides if a shock is needed.
- If one is required and your AED is fully-automatic, a shock will be administered, advising bystanders to stay clear
- If one is required and your AED is semi-automatic, the user will have to bush the shock button when it flashes, advising bystanders to stay clear
- Most AED’s have a metronome to guide CPR pace
- Some AED’s have full CPR assistance guiding users CPR speed and depth
- Some AED’s have visual prompts as well, some better than others
IS TRAINING REQUIRED FOR AED USE?
- No. Although, like any workplace equipment, it is advisable that probable users are given some basic training. Often this can be given at the same time as your first aid training, as a bolt on.
- It is generally recommended that workplaces train their staff, as this increases the likelihood that they would use the AED
- As explained above, AED’s are re4latively easy to use, so untrained personnel are able to use the machine as well.
DO I HAVE TO SERVICE MY AED?
- Most AED’s do not require external servicing
- AED’s will require the pads (electrodes) to be replaced periodically, normally 2-4 years, depending on the model
- AED’s will require the battery or charge sticks to be replaced periodically, normally every 2-5 years, depending on the model
- AED’s will require the pads to be replaced after use, some models will do this free of charge with event data form the machine.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE AED?
This depends on you to some extent. Most AED’s come with cases.
Other things you may consider are as follows:
- Training (please see above)
- Hook or cabinet
- Rescue kit (comes with some AED’s) ~ normally contains razor and face shield as a minimum
HOW LONG WILL MY AED LAST?
- Most AED’s warranties are between 5 and 10 years