back to listings SME Profile: Smart Training
1 Becketts Wharf,
Welcome to Smart Training
A quality, flexible service with competitive achievement rates - we believe you can't do better than pick Smart Training, a Government approved training provider here to help you upskill staff and enable businesses to stay one step ahead in today’s competitive arena.
Staff training not only helps improve retention and loyalty through inspiring members of your team to reach their full potential but also enhances performance and customer service for a boost to that all important profit margin.
Smart Training prides itself on high quality service, top notch training and industry expertise gained over 24 years and we offer a comprehensive range of part-time courses in business, management and childcare at different levels to suit all your training needs. Our 60-strong team of tutors have extensive industry knowledge and experience, plus a commitment to bringing out the best out in each and every student - and we're the only training provider to offer the support of a team of Progress Managers to keep learners on track with their studies and to provide information, advice and guidance.
Not only that but we also offer:
- Free consultations - take advantage of a free training consultation to find out how we can help your staff get better qualified and work more effectively to give your business the edge
- Bespoke training - if you have six or more staff members wanting a qualification you can take advantage of the bespoke training we offer which can be arranged at your own workplace and at a time that is convenient to you
- Work placements - take advantage of an extra part-time resource for free. Smart Training has many young people taking part in the Traineeship programme who are looking for an unpaid work placement two days a week for at least six weeks.
Flexible, part-time training
Our completely flexible part-time training is designed to fit in with your own requirements and can be started at any time of the year at training centres across the country. On top of that, both learners and employers are offered unparalleled personal support during training plus access to our bespoke Online Training Academy (OLTA) with a whole host of study resources for learners plus an employers’ OLTA where they can check on progress of their staff. Our courses typically involve attendance at study days one day per month and, in between, learners complete assignments and carry out practical tasks in the workplace.
Smart Training is funded by the Government which means we may be able to offer you subsidised Apprenticeship training depending on the current qualifications and eligibility of staff. Apprenticeship training is funded by the Government for those who are employed for more than 16 hours a week and have lived or worked in the UK or European Union for the last three years. Non-levy paying employers are now required to contribute 10% of the costs of training. Large employers can fund the entire cost through the Apprenticeship levy. An Apprentice needs to be in training for at least a year and a day, which equates to 1,560 hours – or 30 hours a week – of employment. It is expected that 20% of these hours are spent completing off the job training
- Level 3 Team Leader Apprenticeship: A wide-ranging, practical course designed to ensure highly effective team leaders
- Level 3 Diploma in Marketing: Provides the skills needed for effective marketeers
- Level 3 Diploma in Sales: Improves sales effectiveness
- Level 4 Diploma in Business Administration: Designed for those in a senior business administration role in any industry
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship: Combines data analysis skills with programming techniques.
- Level 5 Operations Manager Apprenticeship: An interactive and practical course developing operational management approaches
- Level 4 Apprenticeship in Information Systems Business Analysis: learn transformational change for business processes.
- Level 1 Introduction to Childcare: A first introduction to childcare combined with a range of work skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Childcare: Builds knowledge and skills to work under supervision
- Level 2 Certificate for Teaching Assistants: Provides the skills and knowledge for learners to effectively assist with pupils' learning
- Level 3 Diploma in Childcare: Provides a vast array of knowledge necessary for working with children
- Level 3 Diploma for Teaching Assistants: A comprehensive understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to work with children in schools
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children and Young People: A specialist Level 5 course specifically for senior early years practitioners.