back to listings SME Profile: Universal Commercial Relocation Ltd
Universal Commercial Relocation Ltd
Unit 1c Lyon Trading Estate, Lyon Way, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 0BN
Welcome to Universal Commercial Relocation Ltd
We take the Universal approach to business relocation offering comprehensive and wide ranging services to deliver the right move solution every time.
- Award Winning – Winner of The British Association of Removers’ Commercial Mover of the Year Award in 2015 and 2017
- Quality Assured – Committed to the highest standards in everything we do
- Transformative - Supporting our clients in moving and transforming their business
- Collaborative - Working in partnership with our clients to deliver a personal, trusted and bespoke office removals service
- Experts - A leading office relocation company
Our Public Sector Clients
We are proud to undertake office moves for many client organisations in the public sector including the following:
- Transport for London
- House of Commons
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- NHS Direct
- Moorfields Eye Hospital
- London Borough of Hackney
- London Borough of Brent
- Government Hospitality Fund
- The National Archives
- London Underground
- London Bus Services
- Our business is to move your business with maximum efficiency and minimal disruption. Our ongoing focus since our formation in 1978 on personal service and total customer satisfaction means we strive to always provide an excellent and cost effective office relocation solution.
- An award winning office removals specialist accredited with BS 8522 in Commercial Moving demonstrating a commitment to delivering professional relocation services
- Service delivery with the highest standards of care for the environment in accordance with our ISO 14001 awarded Environmental Management System
- Our ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System proves our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet the needs of our clients and other stakeholders.
- A rigorous and detailed project plan where appropriate follows a full site survey.
- Office moves are undertaken by security vetted personnel with safe transportation in our liveried and tracked vehicles for added peace of mind. All crates are bar coded for trackability and to assure the client of effective crate management throughout the project.
- To undertake office removals, Universal has a fleet ranging from small transit style van to 18 tonne vehicles, equipped with air ride suspension and tail lifts.
- Highly experienced in specialist relocations including laboratory, library, museum and hospital moves.
- Specialised commercial removals for safes, vaults, plant and machinery undertaken.
- Fully risk assessed operations in line with Health & Safety memberships of SAFE and the Fleet Operators' Recognition Scheme.
- Associated move services available including furniture installation/deinstallation by our specialist fitting teams experienced in various systems including Steelcase, Haworth and Herman Miller. Universal also undertake office refurbishment, carpeting and electrical work.
- Goods in transit, employer and public liability insurance included in all moves for complete peace of mind.
Are you looking for a project management system that will help you from the beginning of your relocation right through to the completion stage? Our comprehensive end-to-end specialist project management process covers all aspects of your move through a dedicated project manager who will:
- Listen to the client's project and move management requirements.
- Support with detailed pre-move planning.
- Fully review all IT, furniture, filing and storage requirements, conducting an audit and file mapping exercise.
- Deliver a rigorous and detailed project plan. Universal project managers are highly experienced in project management of moves of all sizes across the public and private sectors in London and the South East.
- Assist the client in transitioning to new ways of working and new IT/furniture systems.
- Mitigate risk.
- Communicate with staff and other stakeholders supporting the client throughout the change management process.
- Our commercial relocation project management will deliver an effective and efficient move thereby ensuring a trouble-free transformation of the new location into an efficiently organised place of business.
- Supporting your organisation's business continuity plan in offering a fully managed project and mitigating risk.
- Focus on relationship management throughout the project - your property/facilities team and organisational staff are at the heart of the planning for a fully successful outcome.
- Your project manager will be one of our senior management team who will be dedicated to delivering a bespoke service.
- Universal has the latest IT and communication infrastructure in place to fully support the project and maximise client reporting and transparency.
- Universal offer a fully integrated service covering all aspects of specialist IT infrastructure relocation.
- Having worked within some of the most demanding work environments, both our project management and engineers demonstrate the competence and skills needed to deal with all aspects of IT relocation and IT setup. This includes trading floors and server room areas.
- Our in-house IT relocation services and engineering teams work together to give our clients a seamless service which minimises downtime and safeguards business continuity. Staff are able to work to extreme time constraints and working hours, to relocate IT with minimal impact on the client's operational time.
- Our highly trained operatives are extremely experienced in offering migration services within a relocation project. Projects can range from weekly internal moves to large scale company IT relocation and building setups.
- Services also include ongoing IT standalone support to our clientele. This enables us to give daily or project support when needed, ensuring a high standard of service.
- In addition to desktop and server relocation, Universal can project manage and implement new system installation, system upgrades, and the installation of IT infrastructure for your business.
- We offer floor box relocation and power management services, wireless, desk cable and under-floor cabling solutions, structured cabling systems and fibre optic installations, from additional structures for expansion to complete building refurbishments.
- Long and short term commercial storage is available at our 52,000 square feet state of the art facility within our Headquarters deploying the latest CCTV security cameras, intruder and fire detection systems.
- Secure storage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Video surveillance security cameras and NSI Gold Accredited intruder alarm systems connected to the Police cover internal/external entrances, exits and roofing areas.
- Sensitive smoke detectors and BS 5839 fire alarms are linked to the Fire Brigade.
- BS EN 12845 sprinkler system maintained by a LPCB accredited contractor for added fire protection.
- Storage can be containerised or racked as best fits the client's requirements.
- Fully computerised storage management system securely storing all client inventories.
- Fully responsive collection/delivery service available at short notice.
- Regular documented inspections of facility in line with Universal's accredited Standards in Quality and Environmental Management.
- Warehouse staff are security vetted personnel in line with comprehensive Security Policy to afford our clients added peace of mind.
- Packaging materials available to purchase for packing of client's goods.
- Export wrapping and specialist packaging services available on request.
We provide an excellent document management system for confidential data storage and destruction. This includes a document shredding and disposal service in line with industry specifications and regulations. Our comprehensive document services provision is suitable for every aspect of your document and record keeping requirements.
- We ensure all your company records are treated with the greatest care and, most importantly, are kept completely secure. Our bespoke file storage system is guaranteed to meet any company requirements.
- We are specialist providers of cost effective, secure, off-site storage, document archiving, and management of company records.
- We support clients in complying with the revised 1998 Data Protection Act which requires all confidential material to be disposed of in a secure and non-retrievable manner. Our document destruction provision meets all relevant industry regulations.
- We offer a state of the art records storage facility within our Headquarters deploying the latest CCTV, intruder, and fire detection systems.
- From the outset, an ongoing programme of review dates is agreed to ensure that the client has ultimate control of their records and where records are confidentially destroyed in line with customer requirement, a Record Destruction Certificate is provided.
- Electronic records, tapes and hard disks can be erased and destroyed in line with Defence Standards.
- Provision and collection of confidential shredding bins is available to service offices. All waste is destroyed to BS EN 15713:2009 in a secure unit.
- Our bespoke IStorage software includes a bar-coded real time tracking system ensuring all movements of files and boxes are recorded for a full and transparent audit trail. The secure client portal enables clients to view their inventory, invoicing and records history at any time.
- A next day or express collection and delivery service is available. All our records management services are undertaken by security vetted personnel with safe transportation in our liveried and tracked vehicles for added peace of mind.
- Our BS ISO 15489:2001 and PD 5454:2012 accreditation in information and documentation, records management, storage, and exhibition of archival materials proves our determination to deliver high quality and cost effective document storage and retrieval.
Universal offer a comprehensive office furniture installation service for businesses relocating to new premises, refurbing their current premises or conducting internal moves within their offices. As office furniture movers and furniture fitters, we have a great deal of experience within the removals and relocation industry and will seek to cause minimal disruption and downtime throughout your move. Companies are increasingly updating office furniture systems when moving or refurbishing offices in the interests of smart working and space utilisation. A dedicated and specialist furniture fitting team within your office relocation service provider is critical in supporting clients in effecting this change.
The premium service we provide includes:
- Furniture fitters highly experienced in the installation and deinstallation of avariety of office furniture systems including Steelcase, Herman Miller, and Haworth in office environments across London the South East of England, and further afield.
- A specialist team delivering end to end service with installation as part of a total move project solution, or as a standalone service.
- Reconfiguring office furniture to our clients' changing needs offering a bespoke solution.
- Minimisation of disruption - Furniture moving can be disruptive. We guarantee to carry out office furniture removals in an effective and efficient manner. Your time is important to us and we will help you to continue trading during your move or have you up and running as quickly as possible.
- A Furniture maintenance service is available for your future needs.
- Storage off-site for spare furniture can be provided at very reasonable costs.
- We are so much more than commercial furniture movers, we offer a complete service for your convenience.
- Support with recycling redundant office furniture and IT equipment during your relocation with an expert and professional office clearing services.
- Specialist environmental clearance services ensuring disposal of all waste streams is approached in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way.
- Waste audit undertaken during the move planning process to identify optimal approach to minimise waste and recycle/reuse where possible supporting your Duty of Care obligations, in the process of your office furniture clearance.
- Universal is an ISO 14001 accredited company with a quality assured Environmental Management System supporting clients' own Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Policies with regards to commercial furniture disposal and office furniture recycling.
- Registered Environment Agency waste carrier disposing of waste in a suitable manner, dedicated to ethical office furniture disposal.
- Transparent, accurate and environmentally compliant audit trail of waste weights data and supporting documentation.
- Specialist IT recycling available in compliance with WEEE legislation, BS 27001 (Standard in Information Security Management) and with a NAID (The National Association for Information Destruction) accredited company and BSIA (The British Security Industry Association) affiliated company.Compaction and shredding of paper waste to BS EN 15713:2009 - the British standard relating to the secure destruction of confidential material.
- Relationships with local school and church charities to reuse unwanted furniture and equipment whenever possible in support of our clients' Corporate Social Responsibility policies.