back to listings SME Profile: SPICA Technologies Ltd
Welcome to SPICA – Making Work a Better Place
People, workplaces, data
Spica believes that digital transformation in the world of property and buildings must be focused on the people using and working within the physical spaces. Our solutions provide measurable business outcomes and maximise Spica’s technical expertise as an IoT systems integrator focused on creating mobile applications and products to ensure the experience of working in a building is the best it can be. We design apps for people, we help make the workplace experience something that supports employee productivity, satisfaction and well-being. Read more about us
“Working with Spica on the installation of water monitoring devices at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust has been a real pleasure. The team fully understand the complexities of working with the NHS and our PFI partner. They have been considerate and flexible throughout the process and have responded quickly to opportunities to install the devices in difficult to access areas where we are treating our immunosuppressed patients. Spica have an innovative product which will inevitably change the face of water monitoring and compliance. Rather than searching for problems, we can focus resources on responding to automatically identified issues. The data is simple to manage with a range of reporting options to suit the end user.” Jan Maiden Facilities Manager, Research & Innovation Division – Manchester University, NHS Foundation Trust
Through insight, IoT and Digital Transformation expertise, Spica builds applications that provide real-time data, visibility and evidence-based information to improve the efficiency and management of buildings.
Spica builds innovative applications that help facilities management, building owners and occupiers deliver a better workplace experience for employees and users. Building management activities such as occupancy planning, room booking, service requests and smart cleaning can be used effectively to increase productivity and improve wellbeing in the working environment. Sensor-based data informs decisions and provides significant efficiency benefits and delivers a measurable ROI for building managers.
Read below about our pre-packaged Product offerings that provide everything you need to get started with tangible IoT use cases. We are continually investigating new use cases to deveop into future Products.
Please click on the links below for more information:
- Devicepoint for Workspace Spica’s Devicepoint® for Workspace delivers significant improvements to office space utilisation and employee Wellness and Comfort.
- Devicepoint for Smart Cleaning Spica’s Devicepoint® for Smart Cleaning combines sensors and service to deliver enhanced management and improved levels of cleaning maintenance.
- Devicepoint for Healthy Water Spica’s Devicepoint® for Healthy Water is a unique solution developed to address the high risk associated with Legionella in healthcare facilities and public buildings.
Digital Workplace Experience Apps
Spica provides a single mobile app, tailored and branded for organisations, that allows employees to interact in real-time with the services in the building. These might include location-based services, room booking, access controls, service requests, free desk areas, catering and many other similar environmental experiences.
- Food and Drink Ordering
- Search and Locate
- FM Services
- Meeting Room Booking
- Assistance and Complaints
- Food and Drink Ordering
- Security Access and App Access
Giving Employees Data
Employees are often the highest cost in a business so it pays to help ensure they have the best workplace experience possible. Putting information into the hands of the users that directly improves how productive and effective they are can directly impact their experience of working for a business, supporting better recruitment and staff retention rates.
- Better Experience: Benefits of the app help both building managers and the employees to get a better experience during their time spent at work.
- Greater Comfort: Optimises the workplace environment for comfort and productivity, allowing users to choose the location and environment that suits their needs.
- Flexible FM Service: Creates a solid foundation to which to explore demand based/flexible FM services based on need and actual user-generated ideas for organisation specific MyWorkApps.
- Wellbeing: Promotes wellbeing and choice, driving employee satisfaction and retention.
- Decision Making: Creation of enhanced data to enable strategic decision making (space use and service mapping for example).
- Access Services: Seamless interaction in service engagement – less frustration in accessing different systems.
Spica’s approach to delivering digital workplace experience projects centres around managing cost and exploring benefits in the most efficient way. We follow agile principles, and develop in sprints and phases. One of the most advantageous features of this approach is that projects can be “progressively” acquired, with time and money committed in-line with approved phases.
How we can help
- Digital Workplace Innovation Projects
- Sensor and IoT Hardware evaluation and selection
- IoT Reference Architecture and Digital Governance best practice (e.g. Security)
- Digital Workplace
- Digital Centre of Excellence establishment
- Project Management
- IoT Physical installation and deployment
- Fully Managed Service and Support package
- Education Services
- Bespoke Integration of core applications – e.g. CAFM, room booking
Our Project Lifecycle
- Early Prototype: We focus on mitigating requirements and technical risk, use rapid prototyping to evaluate business benefits, demonstrate concepts to key stakeholders, capture early user feedback and garner support for the next project phase.
- MVP/Alpha: We build the first “minimally viable” product, deploy that to an “alpha” trial community, gather end user feedback, demonstrate a viable solution working in-situ to key stakeholders, and seek approval to move to production.
- Production and Development: The “MVP” release usually does not include all of the required features to support the solution working fully in the final environment, so Production iteratively improves the MVP by adding new features, broadening the deployment to include a wider beta community, and working towards the final production release.
- Transition and Support: The final phase transitions the solution into a fully support “business as usual” state which often includes the bulk of hardware and/or infrastructure deployment, as well as rolling the solution out to the complete user community. There is a focus on adoption and implementing/supporting any required business process change, as well as providing long term support and continuous incremental improvements.
Five Steps to the First Prototype
The “First Prototype” is often the most crucial phase in the exploration of a new digital solution, as it not only explores technical concepts but can be the critical step in determining or proving the viability of the underlying business case.