back to listings SME Profile: James & Sons
James & Sons is a long established Firm of Chartered Surveyors and Valuers based in the centre of Poole and operating mainly in the Dorset and Hampshire region.
The Firm was established in 1873 and our reputation is based on a sound professional approach and extensive local knowledge.
Most of our clients are referred to us by recommendation and enjoy a wide range of services based on our pro-active approach and direct contact with members of the team. Learn more about the history of James & Sons.
- The Agency Services Department is headed by Simon Walsham and deals with a wide range of property transactions centred around the commercial property sector, other investment property, and residential and commercial development land in Dorset and Hampshire. READ MORE
- James and Sons are experienced Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) registered property valuers. We are able to advise on a wide range of property valuations. READ MORE
Lease Extension and Collective Enfranchisement
- Covering Bournemouth, Poole and the surrounding areas of Dorset and Hampshire, our lease extension and collective enfranchisement services ensure your property achieves its full market value instead of a discounted price. READ MORE
- At James and Sons we have a large and diverse property management portfolio, ranging from individual residential properties to multi-let industrial estates across the Dorset & Hampshire region. READ MORE
Dispute Resolution Services
- James and Sons are able to act as expert witness on property-related matters, whether this is for rent review disputes, lease renewal disputes or valuation disputes. We are very familiar with the duties of surveyors acting as expert witnesses and in particular, the requirements of part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules. READ MORE
Who is a typical commercial property client? – there is no such thing
Some clients are plc companies, some are investment trusts and others private individuals. Some companies contact us for individual valuations, some for ongoing property management and others for marketing advice.
Some clients live locally, others around the UK and some reside abroad. We speak to some clients on a weekly basis, report to others every quarter and others contact us only every 3 or 5 years.
Some clients are referred to us by solicitors and other professional advisers and some contact us because ‘James & Sons sold our parents’ house in the 1970s’.
We have long-standing relationships with many clients (some dating back over 40 years) and others have begun to instruct us more recently.
Some clients own whole industrial estates, some a parade of shops and others individual flats in Dorest and Hampshire area.
In fact, probably the only thing our clients have in common is the need for sound professional residential or commercial property advice and services.