back to listings SME Profile: Carl Brooks Consulting
Carl Brooks Consulting
Orchard Farm House, Boverton, Llantwit Major CF61 1UH
Welcome to Carl Brooks Consulting
About Carl Brooks
Founder and managing director of Carl Brooks Consulting. Passionate about public services and specialist in UK local government.
Currently working as an independent strategic advisor, consultant and critical friend for public services and with private and third sector clients to help them get the most out of their relationships with public sector bodies.Having worked in local authorities through the 1980s and 1990s, joined the Audit Commission in 2001. Specialising in front-line service inspection and latterly in corporate governance, this experience provided a proving ground for developing management consultancy skills. Joined Tribal Local Government Consulting in 2004 and then Capita Consulting in 2011, leading the Local Government Market Team. Has worked with over 60 local government clients as well as in housing, health and central government.
Current assignments are:
Providing commercial advice to an island jurisdiction seeking to partner with the private sector on the digital citizen agenda
Working in the health sector on place-based collaboration models
Working with seven local authorities to create a shared service delivery model.
Equally at home engaging with senior politicians and chief executives, or helping service professionals tackle their most difficult problems. MBA, experienced PRINCE 2 project manager and accredited MSP.
- Digital innovation
- Organisational and service transformation
- Alternative delivery models
- Partnership working
- Shared services
- Public sector regulation
- Value for Money and Use of Resources
- Organisational strategy and design
- Business case development
- Service / best value reviews
- Performance frameworks
- Business process improvement
I am an independent consultant and critical friend who specialises in:
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to public sector clients to help them solve the significant challenges that they face
- Coaching and mentoring leaders and managers who want to make change happen in the public sector
- Facilitating teams to design and articulate new service delivery solutions
- Working with private and third sector organisations to help them get the best out of their relationships with local government
I am linked in to a network of colleagues and associates who have complementary skills to help me provide turnkey solutions.