back to listings SME Profile: MCP Environmental LLP
MCP Environmental LLP
Spartan Road South
Bradford Trading Estate
Tel: 01274 601021
MCP Environmental LLP is a UK leader in asbestos management, asbestos abatement and environmental works.
Committed to tailoring and delivering the timely and cost-efficient solutions you need, we maintain the highest standards of safety and professional practice in all that we do:
- Asbestos surveys Decent Homes/HHSRS Surveys
- Asbestos removal
- Asbestos awareness training
- Environmental Engineering
UKAS-accredited asbestos surveying and DH/HHSRS surveying
We carry out asbestos management, refurbishment and demolition surveys on buildings of all types as well as providing bespoke asbestos management solutions.
- Total compliance You can depend on our absolute expertise and professionalism. MCP is a member of ATAC and our Asbestos Surveying Division is also UKAS accredited, a status which is rigorously checked each year by UKAS to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Be safe, be legal If you're in any doubt that your property is asbestos-free, simply ask us to carry out a survey. We handle all types of property, including refurbishment and demolition projects, houses, schools, offices, hospitals, warehouses, industrial plants and substations.
- Fully informed Our professional, uniformed surveyors arrive on your site complete with unique ID badges and liveried vehicles. They ensure that every aspect of the survey is carried out in full accordance with all statutory regulations. If asbestos is present, we locate, identify and quantify it, reporting back quickly and clearly so you know just what needs to be done.
The definition of what is a decent home has been updated to reflect the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) which replaced the Housing Fitness Standard on 6 April 2006.
Decent Homes Standard
A decent home meets the following four criteria:
(a) It meets the current statutory minimum standard for housing Dwellings which fail to meet this criterion are those containing one or more hazards assessed as serious ('Category 1') under the HHSRS
(b) It is in a reasonable state of repair Dwellings which fail to meet this criterion are those where either: One or more of the key building components are old and, because of their condition, need replacing or major repair; or two or more of the other building components are old and, because of their condition, need replacing or major repair.
(c) It has reasonably modern facilities and services Dwellings which fail to meet this criterion are those which lack three or more of the following:
- a reasonably modern kitchen (20 years old or less);
- a kitchen with adequate space and layout;
- a reasonably modern bathroom (30 years old or less);
- an appropriately located bathroom and WC;
- adequate insulation against external noise (where external noise is a problem); and adequate size and layout of common areas for blocks of flats.
MCP Service Delivery
- MCP's competent trained surveyors uses Asset Management Survey Software for Android with integrated Decent Homes & HHSRS, which is the acclaimed market leader in the social housing market.
- Our housing survey is very versatile and can be used for stock condition, stock & repairs, cyclical maintenance, planned maintenance, scope of works, asbestos overviews, decent homes and much more.
- This system allows MCP to report decency and HHSRS failures in real time throughout the UK via WI-FI connectivity and our secure portal system PREM-SYS.
- This real time system enables our diverse client base to put immediately emergency activation procedures into place, when decency or Category 1 failures are identified.
- Please contact MCP for details of our further asset management services on 01274 601 021.
As a Class 1 carcinogen, asbestos causes around 4,000 deaths each year.
It follows that when it is found in a property, the removal process must be executed with full regard to strict regulations (Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012). Only then can the safety of residents, staff, clients, visitors and other building users be assured.
MCP Environmental skilfully and effectively manages and fulfils the removal process for domestic, commercial, industrial and public sector clients throughout the UK.
- Tried and tested You can trust MCP to handle a complex job with the greatest skill and respect. Our staff are all fully trained for their respective jobs and every member of staff maintains, develops and refreshes their knowledge regularly. Our Asbestos Removal Division has a full Asbestos Licence which is granted and regularly checked by the HSE. We are proud members of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association.
- Absolute peace of mind The removal process must be faultlessly implemented and managed. Asbestos removal works fall under either licensed or non-licensed categories, depending on the level of risk. MCP handles both categories in any setting. We also commission independent, UKAS-accredited laboratories to implement the four-stage clearance process that must follow asbestos removal. This important procedure involves visual and lab-based checks which ensure that airborne fibre levels are below recommended levels.
The all-important Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012, Regulation 10, states that:
Every employer shall ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to those who are or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees. It further adds that such training should be regularly repeated and updated whenever the work or methods demand. As leading specialists in asbestos control, MCP Environmental is pleased to offer a UKATA-approved Asbestos Awareness Training Programme which can be tailored to suit the precise requirements of your project, team or organisation.
Asbestos Awareness Training Programme
The course is suitable for everyone from board members to site operatives. We can train groups of up to 15 per group in our UKATA-approved venue or at your chosen location anywhere in the UK. The half-day course is followed by a short test and successful candidates receive a certificate showing the content studied.
- This excellent, UKATA-approved programme helps protect your people, your customers and your organisation from the many hazards of asbestos.
- Call or email today for further information, to book your programme and to discuss our excellent individual and group rates.
MCP's environmental engineering teams have the expertise and capability to undertake projects of all sizes in both the public and private sectors.
Committed to delivering quality-assured work on-time and on-budget.
We offer a wide range of services including:
- Vehicle protection (bollards, barriers, traffic calming).
- Project management
- Cable duct installation
- Sub-Station security & asset protection
- Drainage installation & repairs
- Utilities installation & repairs
- Road construction & repair, resurfacing
- Car park construction.
- General civils and groundworks
MCP's Property Register & Executive Management System
At MCP Environmental LLP we have long term contracts with many public and private sector organisations to facilitate the surveying and / or removal of asbestos from their portfolios throughout the UK. A provision of many contracts is for MCP to deliver and manage a robust asset register of all properties in the portfolio through a secure online database system, which can be easily accessed by all parties.
MCP identified the necessity to build an intelligent portal system that would be legally compliant, secure, highly functional, easy to access, and simple to operate. To set the portal apart from the industry competition, MCP decided that the system should display contract KPI's, such as survey status, asbestos levels, risk categories, abatement requirements, and financial information, using tabular data and charts.
MCP worked closely with a web master to successfully develop a Portal System that fulfilled all expectations.
- Dedicated SQL Server hosting with SSL encryption
- Unlimited and customisable login facility
- Recording of all login sessions
- Advanced Case Search Form
- Filter results list by multiple criteria
- Use of colour to distinguish asbestos levels
- Use of icons to provide instant status feedback
- Case page includes images, HD video, a Google map, full details and unlimited links to download PDF's
- Easy upload of images and PDF's