back to listings SME Profile: Design4Retail
HQ - 2/3 Bitteswell Business Park, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4LR
LOGISTICS - Unit 22 Bilton Way, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4JA
We are Design4Retail (yep - it does what it says on the tin!). A leading independent retail design agency; we love what we do and have fun doing it. We mix our energy and creativity to deliver beautiful retail design solutions for global brands and retailers.
- RETAIL DESIGN
- CONCESSIONS + BRANDED SPACE
- POP-UP + EVENT
- VISUAL MERCHANDISING
- POINT OF SALE
- GRAPHICS + BRANDING
DESIGN4RETAIL - MAKING GOOD THINGS HAPPEN
We are a brilliantly talented bunch of designers, developers and account heads. A collaborative team of retail specialists focused on creating global brand experiences and crafted designs across a number of design disciplines.
Our approach is simple; we believe in working collaboratively with our clients and you will have direct access to the team at all times. Very much an independent agency we have kept the same family feel since Chris, Jon and Tim started D4R 12 years ago. We still work with many of the same brands as we did back then but have picked up some new ones along the way! We work with you from brief to store and providing striking designs, practical development and installation across multi sectors.
- DESIGN: Our creatives work across the following design disciplines: Retail Design, Graphics, Branding, Visual Merchandising, POS, Pop-up, Events, Concessions and Branded Spaces.
- DEVELOP: As well as great design we offer a full turnkey service from Insight, Branding Communication, Multi-Channelled Design, Design Management, Planning & Consents, CAD Design, Prototyping, Sampling and Site Surveys
- INSTALL: We provide an assembly and installation service managed by our friendly fitters who ensure the project is brought to life in store. We own and manage storage facilities in addition to our D4R HQ as another service for our clients
RETAIL DESIGN: In retail design, the physical store environment is the biggest opportunity for brand storytelling. We have created retail experiences for some of the world’s largest and well-known brands at a local and global level as well as one-off boutique stores. We work across multi sectors from fashion and footwear to Beauty and everything in between. We consider customer journey and touch points throughout the store to bring about crafted interiors and retail spaces which are inspirational and commercially successful environments that consumers love.
CONCESSION + BRANDED SPACE: We understand the importance of integrating brand presence into smaller retail spaces for brand awareness. We have helped many brands achieve stand out in multi retail environments through owning the space and making it synonymous with the brand. We have worked on some large scale shop-in-shop roll outs and become brand guardian to make sure each one follows the same layout.
POP UP SHOPS & PROMOTIONAL EVENTS: “Pop up shop” is one of the retailing buzz words of the last few years. It involves taking a temporary space to create an experimental environment that engages with the consumer. As retail design and pop up shop experts, we work with brands to create iconic concepts that reach new audiences allowing their brand to tell stories away from the store, thus raising brand awareness. We enjoy building positive brand experiences and due to the temporary nature of pop up shops and event spaces we can push the creative boundaries in surprising and engaging ways.
VISUAL MERCHANDISING: We specialise in creating high impact visual merchandising which acts as the biggest draw to consumers at store level. Each client is unique and we use shopper insight and compelling visual merchandising to guide consumers through store. We look at consumer flow and engagement at each touch point around the store and this is reflected in the VM from windows to retail displays capturing brand values and features.
POINT OF SALE: It’s all in the detail and we take great pride in delivering crafted POS (point of sale) and fixtures. As retail interior experts we have created engaging point of sale for brands on a global scale. Point of Sale is an important part of any store environment and often involves presenting the brand in its smallest form. We provide bespoke solutions to maintain the integrity of the brand and choose materials and finishes to reflect this.
GRAPHICS + BRANDING: We understand brand. We identify brand values and elements that set them apart as a brand then translate our vision. We have created compelling brand Identifies and logos for many clients both large and small. We have created brand guidelines documents which allows us to remain brand guardian and ensures our vision is interpreted across store environments, print communications and online. We have created eye catching retail graphics capturing brand personality across each retail environment. Our services include brand strategy, Logo and ID creation, retail graphics, name creation, signage and wayfinding and brochures and printed communications.
We are 40+ talented people experienced in all aspects of design and implementation. For over 12 years we have worked across most sectors from Health & Beauty to Fashion & Footwear, Banking to Consumer Electronics. We help our clients gain commercial success through insight and good design.
WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT US:
- ADIDAS: The D4R team are a major contributor to the successes of adidas branded space in our Sports Retailers. We use them as a benchmark for service levels due to their ‘over and above’ level of commitment to our brand.
- CLARINS: Over the last 10 years I have enjoyed a very productive relationship with D4R. The team is dedicated to understanding the commercial strategy behind the brief to ensure they add value to the creative process and end solution.
- TRIUMPH: D4R are totally dedicated to supporting their customers, they respond swiftly to our requirements and consistently present ideas which exceed our expectations. They are a joy to work with!
- THE WEST BROM: D4R are an exception to my mind and the end result is that our customers, staff and internal stakeholders got a network to be proud of.
- SCHUH: We have always returned to D4R, because they treat each project differently and listen carefully to all parties, to create a design that not only stays within the remit of each brand but really delivers in-store too