back to listings SME Profile: Start Software
University of Wolverhampton
Telford TF2 9FT
Start Software is an award-winning software development and consulting business. We have been designing and building software since 2006 from our offices in the UK and Australia. The software we create is easy-to-use, fast and reliable.
We specialise in software for asbestos consultancies with our Alpha Tracker and Tracker platforms although we love working in other industries too. If you’re as enthusiastic about your business as we are about ours, get in touch.
- Alpha Tracker – Software for asbestos consultancies and environmental specialists
- Software Development – We build award-winning software for web, mobile and desktop
- Mobile Data – We turn paperwork into mobile data forms for Android, iOS and Windows
- Support – We’re here 24x7, in person, to deliver quality support to our customers.
Tracker is a family of software products and modules designed to reduce administration and improve profitability in a busy environmental consultancy.
Tracker is available for a number of markets including:
- asbestos surveying, asbestos re-inspections and asbestos removals
- health and safety assessments and consultancy
- risk assessments including fire risk, water quality (legionella) and air quality.
Tracker is the market leading software for asbestos consultancies, asbestos surveyors and asbestos consultants. Every aspect of the system has been developed by listening to clients and understanding their needs.
The latest version of Tracker for asbestos consultancies, asbestos surveyors and asbestos consultants is Alpha Tracker which uses technology designed for the web, mobile devices and the cloud.
Alpha Tracker runs in any web browser without the need to download or install any software whatsoever – it could not be easier to get up and running. Read all about Alpha Tracker here.
We work with our customers to make their systems work better and their businesses more efficient.
Our expertise is in knowing how to translate your business requirements into realistic solutions using the best software and IT systems within your budget.
Our development method means that we can often develop prototype software "live" whilst sitting alongside staff within your business – we call this the Start Software Development Process.
- We can work with you to design and build cost-effective, easy-to-use systems in the most appropriate technologies.
- We are UK partners for leading system development platform Alpha Anywhere from Alpha Software (US).
- We are also UK partners for Mobile Data Studio from CreativityCorp (Australia) - the leading product for mobile data capture and processing.
We build easy-to-use mobile data capture "apps" to collect data on site and transmit the information back to a central server or the cloud.
Our apps are flexible, reliable and robust and since 2001 our apps have captured more than 25 million data items for a whole range of industries.
Using Mobile Data Studio software, we create apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod), and Android smartphones and tablets.
We have written Mobile Data Studio apps for a whole range of businesses, industries and applications including:
- surveying including for asbestos, general condition, air and water quality
- asbestos consultancies, asbestos consultants and asbestos surveyors (Tracker Mobile)
- driver collections and deliveries
- mileage and expense recording
- quality checks on the rail network
- audits on repairs to gas, electric and water networks
- equipment inventories
- legionella risk assessments
- air quality
- and hundreds of others!
We’re here to help. Here’s how you can contact us:
UK: 0333 301 1010
AUS: 08 8330 4036
Phone during office hours and you will always speak to a member of our team – never to a machine or voicemail!
Send an email to this address with details of your problem and we’ll get straight back to you.
- Remote Control
With your permission, we can remotely control your PC so that you can show us the problem and we can help you resolve it.
Our team is made up of software designers, developers, testers and technical authors with experience of working on a huge range of a software systems. Led by director Robin Bennett, a Fellow of the Institute of Analysts and Programmers, the team strives to build quality into everything they do. With a core base of employed staff working from the UK and Australia, we also use specialist contract development staff from around the world.
We hold internationally recognised accreditations to demonstrate our commitment to delivering quality software to our clients. Our support and software development services are all covered by our regularly-assessed process documentation. In addition, we hold appropriate public liability and professional indemnity insurances.
Awards include the Chair's Award for Excellence at the ICT Excellence Awards. We were also awarded Highly Commended in the Added Value Product category at the same ceremony.