back to listings SME Profile: Info Rhino Limited
Info Rhino Limited
The Gallery, 14 Upland Road, East Dulwich, London, SE22 9EE
Welcome to Info Rhino - Developing databases for all types of organisations.
Info Rhino is a U.K. Limited Company with commitment to delivery by collaboration
Sharing knowledge and ideas makes the whole process much more fascinating. Realising the client's vision is a shared process and getting the right skills onboard requires collaboration and teamwork.
Operating as a Business Intelligence Solutions Provider, Info Rhino also builds Data Driven Websites for ourselves and clients. Our clients demand effective, straightforward, and flexible solutions and that’s what they get. We will be celebrating our 7th year in June and our founder has significant experience of delivering solutions to:-
- Public Sector
- Health (NHS)
- Environmental Industries
Collaborating with clients
When we work for a client we can only deliver by:-
- Listening to the client and understanding their needs.
- Giving the client what they need.
- Communicating effectively with company owners, directors and all team members
Please click on the links below for more information on each of our services:
- Reporting Dashboards, data visuals, websites, and report writing
- Data warehouse development
- Data Migration and processing with ETL
- Information Strategy and Data Governance
- Content Management Systems
- Social media integration
- Front end toolkits
- Application development including APIs
- Database design
- Future proof design
- Data modelling strategies
- SQL Server, Analysis Services, and Oracle
- Database optimisation and performance enhancements
- Database Testing
Info Rhino's mini overview on what we offer
Because we love working with data and data visualisations - it is easy to start talking too much about the technology. Take a look at our overview.
Intelligent websites - what are they?
A website is nothing more than some documents stored somewhere not on your computer that many people can access. A website is your company's voice, a website contains pages of information about what services and products you are offering to people. A website gives users enough information to let them trust your organisation.
What you get from Info Rhino Limited is the integrity and foresight to recognise what type of a website you need. Most importantly if you are wanting your website to provide information for your decision making, we with our extensive experience in building database applications and Business Intelligence solutions are best placed to implement that vision.
We understand that many clients want to manage their content, may need to display hundreds of items that cannot be manually maintained, or needs a shopping cart with payment acceptance.
Perhaps, Stripe or a Freemium model for accepting online payments.
Websites are a combination of:-
- Static - most of the content is manually maintained
- Dynamic - significant parts of the website are produced from information stored in a database
- Content management - some or many pages can be maintained by an end user
- Modular - by creating small parts of a website they can be used in many places.
It is essential to always develop websites in a reusable way but avoid over development of features.
How can my company benefit from Business Intelligence?
Ever feel like you spend too much time making guesses on how your business works?
Perhaps your company collects data from EPOS, accounts, emails, sales, website traffic, personnel databases. Maybe you don't have a handle on stock levels or customer satisfaction? Perhaps there is data online that you would like to combine with your company data to help you decide on a new service or product line?
Management information is hard and without the relevant skills, doing this takes more time and more money than professionals. Sometimes the people that make your software sell additional reports modules they promise will deliver updates for bigger and faster reports. This rarely satisfies you because very few vendors actually know reporting, and fewer still understand data warehousing.
Some companies will employ reporting analysts to build reports in applications such as Excel, Reporting Services, Spotfire, Crystal Reports, Qlikview and Tableau and this is a great start. All of these approaches ignore one vital fact - even the smallest companies has data in different systems that needs to be combined together. Business Intelligence is purely this, BI makes companies think about how they can get value from their data to help make decision making a better experience. BI centralises data and stores it in a way to make it useable for reporting applications and other systems.
Business Intelligence uses specialist design to make reporting efficient, scalable and well - intelligent.
Things for you to consider;
- Understand that a data warehouse is nearly always the right solution
- Be very wary of vendors claiming that they can build new internal reports that can meet your needs - it will always cost at a premium
- Be very wary of allowing Management Information teams to grow too large within your company if you don't have a Data Warehouse
- Understand the importance of central data warehouses
- But recognise that central data warehouses are only part of the solution