back to listings SME Profile: Quortus
Building A, Riverside Way, Watchmoor Park, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YL
Welcome to Quortus
Quortus enables flexible, agile mobile communications networks that provide a foundation for innovative services tailored to a diverse range of end customers. Its award winning EdgeCentrix (ECX) virtualized mobile core solutions help increase operator margin and ‘stickiness’. They interwork gracefully with existing mobile networks, with small cell and HetNet architectures and with standard IT infrastructure, to create truly integrated communications platforms.
Quortus’s ECX products implement standards-conforming functions of 4G, 3G and GSM cellular core networks, in software. Highly scalable, they can be hosted anywhere – in the cloud, at the network edge, or deeply embedded alongside a cellular radio in a single-chip implementation.
The company is at the forefront of developments in virtualization and mobile edge computing (MEC), a new deployment model that combines IT-style and cellular communications to enable improved user experiences via the mobile network. It is an active participant in standards efforts in this field, via its membership of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute’s (ETSI) MEC Interest Group. Quortus is also helping to pioneer the move towards the 5G networks of the future, in collaboration with the University of Surrey’s 5G Innovation Centre (5GIC), the UK’s largest academic research centre dedicated to next-generation mobile and wireless communications.
The vision is a mobile network that delivers more: for enterprises that demand truly integrated corporate IT and communications; for MNOs, MVNOs and MVNEs seeking service differentiation; for first response and public safety teams that need secure coverage everywhere they go; and for the global population not yet served by conventional mobile networks.
- ECX Core Fully featured virtualized 4G/3G/GSM EPC
- ECX Enterprise The industry's first VoLTE solution for the enterprise
- ECX Tactical Field-deployable communications for public service, military and first responders
- ECX Sentinel Managed access solutions
- ECX Elements Flexible NFV / MEC solutions
- Military & public safety Robust solutions for tactical communications
- Enterprise Powering the enterprise
- Service provider Creating innovative service models
- Rural Reaching the next 650 million subscribers
- Remote Extending the reach of wireless
- Managed access Controlling access to cellular service