back to listings SME Profile: Strategic Dimensions
One Heddon Street
Tel: +44 (0)20 7470 7106
Welcome to Strategic Dimensions, the executive search firm of choice for HR professionals.
Working across all industry sectors in the UK and internationally, we pride ourselves on building long-term relationships and meeting your HR resourcing requirements or personal development objectives.
Client and candidate care is our primary concern and the many endorsements we have received are testament to our focus on the provision of exemplary service levels.
WHAT WE DO
We recruit HR professionals into permanent and interim positions across all industries and geographies, including the following functions:
- HR Directors, Senior Specialists and Leadership teams
- HR Operations
- Talent Management
- Organisational Development
- Reward and Benefits Management
- Learning & Development
- Communications & Engagement
- Employee Relations
- Workforce Planning
Our senior management experience reflects our ‘understanding through doing’ philosophy, which gives us a unique perspective in ensuring the right match between candidate and role.
THE CHANGING MARKET
As the rate of change in organisations quickens in response to global, economic, technological and political factors, the role of the HR function becomes increasingly important to business success. Not only must HR professionals manage traditional HR activities, they must also accept new challenges created by the market environment, including:
- Finding and pipelining talented people who can make a difference
- Creating retention strategies to spot and nurture talent
- Implementing performance management solutions which work
- Developing learning strategies which offer competitive advantage
- The creation of a high-performance work environment
- Making a tangible contribution to the bottom line
Consequently, today’s HR professionals must offer a far wider range of skills than their predecessors.
At Strategic Dimensions, we recognise the impact these factors have on both the organisation and the individual. We have experienced first hand the demand for highly-skilled HR professionals who can meet the challenges laid down by the world’s leading businesses. We believe the best people are not only strong in Human Resources theory and practice but can also apply a detailed understanding of business in conjunction with good judgement, intellect and analysis to influence and become decision makers, and ultimately deliver results.
We adopt a collaborative approach with our clients to develop an understanding of their business and the role requirement. Only then will we recommend and implement the appropriate recruitment strategy.
Our personal HR Management experience ensures we can react quickly to all briefs; not only do we have an inherent understanding of the HR function, we also have extensive personal and company networks of suitable candidates. We are backed by a dedicated research function and with a detailed understanding of the key issues facing today’s HR professionals we ensure we source the right candidate for the role.
Talent Assessment – Assessing People for Senior Jobs
As we believe appointing a senior executive is one of the most important decisions a company takes we offer our clients a range of assessment tools as part of the selection process to ensure a good fit. To enable us to offer our clients the highest quality we work together with different partners who are experts on this subject matter on an academic and practical level. Please contact us if you want to receive more information about our tailored Talent Assessment service.
Ten lessons of good practice
- Be honest about the culture and what it takes to succeed within it
- Be clear about what success in the job means and how it will be measured
- Assess candidates against the context, culture and job requirements
- Assess character as well as performance
- Use a range of assessment tools and techniques
- Assess how individuals can use their strengths to be successful in the role
- Make the selection process part of the integration into the culture
- Think of on-boarding as an integration process, not just a briefing activity
- Act quickly in providing feedback
- Ensure that the effort put into the selection and on-boarding reflects its importance.
Market Mapping / Talent Mapping
To support our clients with their succession planning processes, we can offer the following service:
Market Mapping/ Talent Mapping: this involves delivery of a robust map of your competitors within defined target organisations, further broken down into segmented groups or teams, in order to allow you to effectively prioritise your future resourcing/recruitment activities. This can be executed via our identifying target pools of candidates according to your set criteria, for example by title, seniority or location etc., resulting in an external talent pipeline to support your organisation’s succession plan.
Recent assignments have included:
- HR Business Leaders, Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Head of HR, Financial Services
- Work Force Strategy, Telecom
- Group HR Director, Oil & Gas
- Global Head of Resourcing, Tobacco Industry
Our interim practice supports clients through the constant change and consequently evolving business models that are the norm within their organisations. Our understanding of HR and business puts us in the best position to assist with your interim HR resourcing requirements.
We have a network of professional interims, all whom have been met and assessed by our consultants. We have an in-depth understanding of each candidate's expertise, experience and specialism which ensures the best fit for our clients' interim needs. In addition, we take a reference at the end of each assignment to ensure we continuously deliver a high standard.
Our interim consultants are HR experts who can step in to cover periods of absence or to support on and deliver major projects. We have the flexibility to offer candidates that work through their own limited company, on a fixed term contract or on a temp-to-perm basis.
Recent interim assignments include:
- HRD for FTSE 100 organisation - providing support during recruitment for a permanent hire.
- HRD for a FTSE 100 organisation - providing knowledge and experience of emerging markets to support expansion in China.
- Group Reward Director for a FTSE 100 energy organisation - developing their Executive Reward Practices and working with the RemCo.
- Head of HR Operations for a global organisation - providing strategic input during a period of HR transformation.
- Head of Talent and Capability for a global organisation - development of an award winning performance management programme.