back to listings SME Profile: Finchale Group
Richard Annand VC House, Mandale Park, Durham, DH1 1TH
Finchale Group is an independent charity and leading provider of specialist employment programmes that support people with complex barriers to employment that want to make a life change to realise their full potential.
We are local people supporting our communities and our values are underpinned by a legacy of more than 75 years of providing client focused support for the Armed Forces community, those who seek to overcome challenges to find work and a sustainable future in the community, and those who are hard to help but seek a structured lifestyle.
Our high success rates and awards are down to the knowledge, hard work and dedication of our compassionate team who build strong relationships with every client for as long as it takes to make a positive impact.
- We are Community Focused – Communities matter to us. We believe that by having a strong delivery model we are able to provide the best possible support to local people by reaching out and encouraging engagement in an inclusive way to build stronger communities. We reach out to anyone who needs us.
- We are Customer Driven – Responsive and innovative we put customers first, engaging and connecting them with a range of quality services. We work with those who need extra support enabling our diverse range of clients to reach their full potential.
- We are Trusted – Great collaborators we act with honesty and integrity.
- We are Determined – Pushing ourselves to do more and be better. We are ambitious and work consistently to raise performance ensuring that people get the right services and support at the right time.
- We are Respectful – We show consideration for one another and recognise each other’s differences. We understand our client’s needs and expectations and go out of our way to meet these.
WHAT WE DO
Motivation + Skills + Opportunity
We provide professional case managed support, training and skills delivered in the community. Focused on the individual, their potential, and their unique circumstances, we inspire self-belief to overcome daily challenges.
Our clients come to us through many different routes, they may have been referred by another agency – such as a health care professional, Job Centre Plus or probation services – others refer themselves knowing that we can have a positive impact on their life. Working together with our clients every step of the way, we are responsive, making contact within 48 hours of referral to enable people to get their life on track from the very first meeting.
Employability Support: Our specialist employment team provide support with everything from job searching and interview techniques, to writing CVs and job application forms that will win the attention of an employer. With you every step of the way, our team have an enviable record of achieving sustained employment for our clients
Education & Training: Delivered both in-house and via our network of verified training partners, we offer a range of fully funded and commercial courses to suit individual needs. Our list of courses is updated regularly to meet the increasing demands of our clients. For further information on the range of courses available or to apply please contact us.
Wellbeing Support: We enable clients to decide the best way forward, supporting with emotional, mental health, disability and physical health related issues. We know each person’s wellbeing affects them in different ways – so our support is flexible and tailored to offer practical support, information and links to additional services.
Housing Support: We work alongside a wide variety of partners and organisations to support our clients to find stable housing that meets their needs, and provides a base from which they can start to positively move on with their lives.
Finances: Addressing debt and supporting individuals to manage their personal finances, is an important part of the services that we provide for our clients. Whatever the circumstances, we work with a wide range of agencies to ensure that these issues are resolved, enabling clients to positively move on.
Drugs & Alcohol Support: Our approach to supporting clients to resolve or manage an addiction is to address it in the context of the person, rather than dealing with it separately. We support clients to overcome these barriers to success by providing a single support package designed for that individual.
Family Support: We know the experiences of one family member can have an impact on the entire family – that’s why we offer support with all the family in mind, actively encouraging (where appropriate) partners or immediate family members to join clients when we visit them in their homes or communities.
Self-Employment Support: Whether it’s a new venture alongside existing commitments, or you are ready to go it alone full-time, if our client dreams of starting a business, we’re behind them every step of the way with our enterprise support.
- Business Northumberland:Working in partnership with Business Northumberland we deliver a series of full and half day workshops and masterclasses Find out more
- Step Forward Tees Valley: Step Forward Tees Valley supports local people to overcome the complex reasons preventing them from finding work. These Find out more
- Durham Sparks: Durham Sparks supports aspiring entrepreneurs and existing community enterprises to fine tune their journeys to provide more effective Find out more
- Reaching out across Durham (ROAD): Reaching Out Across Durham (ROAD) brings together 11 well respected voluntary and community service organisations who want to Find out more
- The Reaching Communities Programme: The Reaching Communities Programme aims to provide intensive, caseworker led, focused, holistic support to veterans and family members Find out more
- The Specialist LIBOR Armed Forces Programme: Funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR funds – Finchale Group will run a three year partnership programme that Find out more
- The Specialist Interventions Programme: The Specialist Interventions Programme aims to help Army Veterans to form bright futures, offering individualised support to aid Find out more
- Links to Work: In partnership with Fedcap, a leading provider of tailored services to help people maximise their potential, we provide Find out more
WHO WE WORK WITH
Collaboration + Ideas + People
Finchale Group works with a diverse range of national and local partners who share our vision, values and commitment to delivering high quality support, positive impact and exceptional results. We’re proud to work alongside major military charities, government departments, Job Centre Plus and community organisations to support people that want to make a life change to realise their full potential. Find out more
You + Training + Support
Updated regularly to meet the increasing demands of our client’s individual needs, we offer a range of fully funded and commercial courses that are delivered both in-house and via our network of verified training partners Find out more