back to listings SME Profile: BLS Asbestos Ltd
BLS Asbestos Ltd
Head office: Unit 12 A-One Business Park, 370 Bradford Road, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 4DJ. T: 01484 400558
London Office: 20-22 Wenlock Road, Hackney, London, N1 7GU. T: 0800 616 841
Asbestos surveys & removal from BLS Asbestos
BLS Asbestos Limited is an asbestos survey and removal specialist for both the domestic and commercial sectors. We have over 30 years experience working in the Bradford, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle and London areas from our headquarters in West Yorkshire and office in London.
We work for clients in the manufacturing, construction, public and private sectors, whether individual domestic properties, small businesses or large scale commercial premises.
We provide a professional, competitive and prompt asbestos survey and asbestos removal service, alongside additional services including legionella surveys, noise and vibration assessments, COSHH assessments, manual handling and DSE assessments.
- 3 year licence granted by the Health and Safety Executive to work with asbestos insulation and asbestos insulation board for the purpose of removal (Licence Number 991604287).
- Licence to transport hazardous waste (Waste Carriers Registration Number CB/QM3548HM/A001), awarded by the Environment Agency, allowing us to safely transport and dispose of the asbestos once removal has been completed.
- Full Contracting Member of ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association) the UK's premier association for asbestos removal contractors, including their prestigious Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS) quality assurance award stating our work procedures surpass their stringent high standards.
- We also hold health and safety accreditations including ‘CHAS’ and ‘Constructionline’.
We specialise in asbestos removal and related services in the following sectors:
- Government Properties
- Healthcare Establishments
- Commercial Properties
- Residential Properties
- Petrochemical and Nuclear
In addition to our extensive experience in asbestos removal and surveys, we are also able to provide related services from noise and vibration assessments to legionella surveys, as outlined below. Please click on the links for more information on each service area.
- Asbestos Removal Services
- Asbestos Management Surveys
- Legionella Risk Assessment Surveys
- Noise Risk Assessments
- Vibration Assessments
- COSHH Assessments
- Manual Handling Assessments
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Display Screen Equipment Assessments
According to the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, ‘training is mandatory for anyone liable to be exposed to asbestos fibres at work. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or disturb asbestos (e.g. cable installers), as well as those involved in asbestos removal work.’ BLS Asbestos is dedicated to the education of those who may come into contact with harmful asbestos, to reduce their risk of exposure, make them aware of the dangers and ensure they know how to manage asbestos on site. As a result, BLS Asbestos has a permanent training facility at its headquarters in Yorkshire where it runs a programme of asbestos awareness seminars and training courses.
Courses can be bespoke to cater for specific industry needs, whether on-site tradesman such as joiner or electrician, architect or building surveyor, and will cover all legislation requirements and practical advice on how to recognise and deal with asbestos. The company also provides training on a full range of health and safety areas including DSE, noise assessment and fire risk assessments.