back to listings SME Profile: afh
Telephone contact: +44 (0) 20 8425 9227/+44 (0) 7908720909
Brief Overview of Company
With over 25 years experience, afh-Clearhead is a public sector specialist in creative communications, campaigns and digital marketing. This partnership of two market leaders has provided key advice and service to clients across education, health, sport, local authority, the environment and wellbeing.
Our passionate and creative in-house teams deliver a range of creative and communications solutions including strategic counsel, crisis PR, campaigns and results driven creative content including animation and film production.
Why would two successful agencies come together to form a partnership? Simple, because effective campaign or communication needs a joined up approach. Every project must have a reason to exist and target a desired change in behaviour. But to succeed, it also needs engaging content to drive that message.
Because we are specialists in communication and creative content, we always come back to the same focus – what the public sector needs to achieve, the steps needed to achieve it and the resources available. No other agency offers the depth of knowledge of the public sector or the breadth of offer to find the ideal solution. Our clients have asked for us to work together, so now we are!
afh-Clearhead provides clients with an end-to-end solution of services that combined will deliver multi-channel campaigns and communications. Working with a broad range of public sector clients from central Government to Universities and NHS organisations, we provide:
- PR programmes – including crisis, ‘turnaround’, reputation management and pro-active behaviour change campaigns.
- Public affairs – communications campaign managing your stakeholders – internal and external. Our professionals work across local, regional and national networks to ensure you have ‘made your friends’ before you need them, including Parliamentarians.
- Message and brand development – we work with a range of senior teams to ensure campaign and client messaging/branding resonates, is strong, clear and coherent. It forms the basis of all communications and marketing.
- Development and distribution of creative content – whether it’s an animation for a viral health campaign or a creative short-film to promote a university, our in-house experts deliver outstanding and thought provoking content to a wide range of clients.
- Video strategy: If you already have creative assets it’s important they are used effectively. We will work closely with the client to develop an effective launch plan to create the biggest impact. After all, your content can only set hearts racing if it’s seen.
- Strategic development – We work with senior teams in Government and public sector to challenge and explore key areas to improve our client's objectives. This includes re-establishing the value and meaning of their brand, testing the direction and business case of the organisation and delivering in-market research and consultancy on strategic vision.
Government / Public Sector Experience Overview
We are extremely pleased to have worked with a range of clients. Our staff have worked broadly across the spectrum, as you will see from an example of the client list below and a sample of case studies.
Our clients include: The Houses of Parliament; Govt. departments including Health, Business (BEIS) and Energy; many NHS trusts; Monitor; Healthwatch England; universities including Hertfordshire, Hull, Leeds and Bedfordshire, among many others, UK Coaching and the Letchworth Heritage Foundation. In addition, commercially clients have included Lucozade Ribena, Orangina Schweppes, Team Sky, Tangle Teezer and Kia cars.
Case study: Leeds University
The University developed a tool for young people to increase and enable understanding of political messaging. Our challenge was to communicate these key ideas in an engaging way; showing how Democratic Replay lets you slow down the fast-paced world and easily gain access to clear and relevant information about what is being said.
Case study: Department of Energy
A central Government department in Whitehall set us the challenge to bring their different communications teams together to improve co-ordination and performance in a £1bn project. We worked with the four separate teams to establish common ground and where the barriers existed. Over the next six months, we remodelled the communications and put in place the foundations to deliver the next phase of Government activity.
Case study: Healthwatch England
We were brought onboard to launch the brand new ground-breaking Government agency, putting together a comprehensive public affairs programme targeting charity, Government and Parliament. The year-long campaign resulted in support from all sides of the political divide, strong relations with Government and vastly reduced opposition from challenging stakeholders.
Case study: Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust
Luton & Dunstable Hospital wanted to save money by reducing the number of physical tours they gave. The hospital also wanted to access hard-to-reach groups of pregnant mums in ethnic communities where internet use is restricted. They commissioned us to create film content that introduces the facilities at the hospital and tells pregnant women what they can expect during each trimester of their pregnancy.
Case study: University of Hertfordshire
Higher education providers are facing unique challenges in the coming years. We worked with a provider to develop their strengths, refocusing their communication channels and narrative including PR, digital, events and internal communications to 25k students and staff. This included rebranding assessments of new facilities and services as the provider looked to break new ground in a number of key areas.
Case study: Hubbub/local authorities
We worked with environmental charity Hubbub to develop a range of waste strategies for local authorities and international clients. From initial development and brainstorming, we ran a number of focus groups and drafted a range of comprehensive campaign strategies to tackle crucial environmental issues such as food waste, cigarette butt littering and plastic contamination.
Cast Study: NHS Trust in South East England
We were asked to work in-house as part of the turnaround team to improve the trust’s reputation, manage the crisis communications and put in place a structure to take the trust forward. During our ten-month tenure, we successfully managed the communications for a range of major crisis, ran an internal engagement exercise across 4,000 staff and put in place the first proactive PR campaign for the trust.