back to listings SME Profile: Grounded Shopper
Greenacres, Main Street, Sutton Upon Derwent, York, YO41 4BN
t: +44 7879 434574 e: email@example.com w: groundedshopper.com
WELCOME TO GROUNDED SHOPPER – INSIGHTS, STRATEGY & ACTIVATION FOR MULTI-CHANNEL RETAILING.
INTRODUCING GROUNDED THINKING
A shopper led approach to helping brands & retailers understand the issues and role of instore today. Grounded's unique blend of shopper research and retail operational experience helps brands develop, validate and guide programmes to activation in store. Grounded's proprietary approach to research helps identify real world connections between brand, retail and shopper. Building shopper led retail strategies that inform design development, execution and validation. Ensuring nothing is Lost in Translation.
MORE THAN JUST A RESEARCH COMPANY
Grounded bring together metrics and analysis to establish the real commercial value behind in store initiatives and programmes.
Grounded's combination of research and strategy builds commercial justification to today's sophisticated multi channel market and shopper behaviour. Bringing context to investment decisions for utilising retail as an effective marketing
4 WAYS OF WORKING DELIVERING FOR BRANDS & RETAILERS
- Grounded bring a shopper perspective to products, brands and environment. Understand where consumer relationships are disconnected or lost in store and develop ways to build trust through valuable experiences.
- Retail activation requires an approach that balances the needs of multiple stakeholders. Grounded help bring together partnerships, ensuring store programmes respond to the brand, product, category and retail environment.
- Grounded help brands understand changing shopper behaviour and expectations in a multi channel world. Redefining shopper journey's for today's physical retail space. Creating valuable and useful tools that make brands indispensible.
- Grounded translate research into key strategic objectives and actionable instore approaches. Partnering in project activation, consulting on design requirements and supporting through testing and roll out.
- ISSUE AND STRATEGY DEFINITION: Assessing current approaches being used for retail marketing and identifying the issues facing successful implementation in-store.
- RETAIL AND MARKET ASSESSMENT: Observations and guidance on the retail landscape. Assesing opportunities and the limitations imposed by the retail space and it's impact on marketing.
- BUILDING SHOPPER THINKING: Understanding todays shopper behaviour, mindests and journey. How to adapt marketing in-store for shopper led thinking.
- PRODUCT & CATEGORY ASSESSMENT: Beyond consumer mindsets. Helping brands and retailers understand how in-store can change the relationship shoppers have with brands and products.
More than just a research company. Grounded use proprietary research methodologies to bring metrics and an objective perspective to retail strategy. Empowering brands and retailers to make more informed investment decisions. With research expertise spanning shopper behaviour, retail trends and quantitive analysis, we help build understanding of brand issues, product perspectives, foundations for retail programmes and the support for retail activation.
- SHOPPER JOURNEY'S AND PERSPECTIVES: Identifying shopper mindsets and their resultant purchasing decisions. Bringing metrics and analysis to the current journey and experience in store.
- PATTERNS AND TRENDS: Assessing shopper trends in todays changing multi channel world. Establishing the current patterns and areas of investment for building tomorrows retail experience.
- RETAIL SCOPING: Programmes to validate current display programmes, in store communication and marketing. Ground floor metrics and analysis for in-store acceptance and programme delivery.
- TESTING PROGRAMMES: Proprietary research that brings metrics to the interplay of shopper and the retail space. A platform for continual programme assessment from inception through roll out.
PROGRAMMES TO DELIVER SHOPPER LED STRATEGIES
A range of services that convert shopper strategies into actionable in-store programmes. A partnership from the beginning that works to gain business buy in, build retailer partnerships and ensure success through continued assessment. Ensuring that nothing is lost in translation from insights into the design process, through to execution.
- PROGRAMME ACTIVATION: Supporting project activation by developing the brief and guiding the design process ready for roll out. Shaping ideas and insights into retail display programmes.
- BUILDING BELIEF AND PARTNERSHIPS: Developing partnerships by establishing criteria for return on investment and in store proposals that reflect the requirements of both brands and retailer.
- INVESTMENT VALIDATION: Real world testing that validate and assess the return on investment and value of continued support of retail marketing programmes.
- SHOPPER VALIDATION: Assessing the impact of instore marketing through shopper focussed research. Understand the perception and engagement with target audiences.
CASE STUDIES - HOW WE HAVE HELPED BRANDS DEVELOP NEW APPROACHES INSTORE
UNDERSTANDING THE IMPACT OF DISPLAY INSTORE
Issue Definition | Shopper Journey | Activation
Increased product competition in the diy sector had impacted the diy market leaders. This lack of differentiation was being reflected with sales at the point of purchase.
Grounded developed a shopper led programme to identify in store perceptions of brands and current marketing and communication. Grounded provided metrics and insight to define a new criteria for point of purchase and instore communication; providing the framework for briefing design agencies and assessing development. This has resulted in market leading execution for the client's european, middle east and african regional roll-out.
NEW SHOPPER MISSIONS
Shopper Journey | Trends | Shopper Validation
Current display programmes were not fulfilling shopper missions for a food brands product range. Grounded developed a shopper insight programme to measure and evaluate shopper missions and needstates across the product range, display and retail channels.
Grounded identified patterns and differences across the various product ranges, generating criteria for revised display formats.
Grounded provided continued assessment by validating the new approach through an in-store 'test and learn' initiative before investing in roll out.
BUILDING BRAND & RETAIL PARTNERSHIPS
Retail Assessment | Test Programmes | Retail Scoping
A leading drinks brand needed to understand the potential opportunity of a display programme with a major retailer.
Grounded developed research criteria and an instore audit to assess the potential fit, real world viability and compliance. The results helped understand the return on investment and the full impact of the initiative before commiting. Grounded's insights identified additional marketing opportunities furthering the brand & retailer partnership.
RELATING TO BRAND & PRODUCTS IN STORE
Shopper Journey | Retail Assessment | Partnerships
As part of a multi channel review of communication, grounded was asked to bring a clear perspective of shopper perceptions and instore experience of consumer technology.
Grounded developed an insights programme across key retail partners to ascertain ideal shopper journey's, their associated needs, wants and expectations. Patterns and requirements were compared with todays retail reality and competitor approaches to develop innovative shopper led solutions to category management. This approach has led to dialogue with relevant retail partners for increased investment and shared opportunity.
"Grounded has been a valuable partner assisting us in unlocking our retail potential & deepen our retailer relationships. Their insight led to great improvements in Shoppers' experiences."
"We've worked with Grounded for a few years and the journey this far has been so exciting, I've always found their approach to be fresh, focused and flexible to our needs. Together, we've generated many deep customer insights that have helped us make better commercial decisions and drive business success. I'd recommend their expertise in 'Shopper', as well as their ability to understand a business/industry and establish the most appropriate methods to meet customer briefs. I'm continually excited by their ideas and use of leading technology to produce new insights. They have an engaging appetite for innovation and continuous improvement, and they've become a valued part of my insights team."
"Our company needed deep understanding and assurance for our Brand on a new Global Point Of Purchase concept. Grounded delivered a thorough Shopper understanding, evaluation & recommendations, through a range of methodologies that enabled optimised execution for roll out. Not only did they answer the challenges, they helped to identify significant opportunities for future improvement.
"I had little experience of shopper insights agencies prior to Grounded……. but they have delivered findings beyond my expectations, providing outstanding understanding of our shoppers.Their experience in retail has improved our processes & thinking of how we approach and continue to improve the Customer Experience. They are consistently bringing new methods, ideas and appropriate challenges to us to help keep us on our 'A' game. The new levels of performance we're achieving as a result speak for themselves." The team at Grounded are of great help to me and I look forward to working with them again in the future."