back to listings SME Profile: Westhill Communications
Westhill is a creative agency with specialist graphic design, digital and editorial teams. Formed in 1986, we've been based in central London ever since.
With design, programming and editorial staff all under one roof we can co-ordinate all kinds of projects, from simple marketing collateral to complex cross-media campaigns from start to finish. We take pride in our work, attention to detail is key to all we do, and we DO NOT miss deadlines.
EMAIL MARKETING / EDM CAMPAIGNS
No more hit "send" and hope.
We create emails, manage campaigns and monitor results. Our mailing system is intuitive and easy to use, enabling you to communicate with your target audience and nurture a solid customer base. Best of all, you can track your recipients' behaviour right through to your website – so you know precisely who has clicked on what, when they did it and where they went next.
• Dynamic content/personalisation
• Multiple subject line split testing
• Facebook sign-up application – collect data from within your Facebook page
• One-click integration with SalesForce
• Real-time updates of statistics and results
WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Making sure your website gives you, virtually, everything you need.
A website has to be more than just nice to look at. It needs to work. To ensure that it does, we have in-house designers and programmers, an accessibility expert and a user experience guru. We'll cover every angle and leave nothing to chance.
Our digital team will ask you a million questions and then design and build a site that'll knock your socks off. Not literally, of course - we still lack the technical know-how for that one.
• Designing, building and testing websites
• Device compatibility testing – so it looks just as good on a phone as a PC and everything in between
• Content management systems (see below)
• Social media integration
CONTENT MANAGED WEBSITES
Your website, your content, you're in control.
Our Content Management System (CMS) lets you update content instantly and reduce web maintenance costs without compromising on style.
Being web-based, it requires no specialist software and can be managed from any location with online access. And it's a cinch to use – no aspect of the system requires any html or programming knowledge.
We can tailor the CMS to suit your needs but as standard it includes:
• Secure web-based login and site hierarchy management
• Editable content throughout
• Automated news upload, removal and archiving
• Page, section and sub-section addition and removal
• Site monitoring statistics/analysis
• And more…
You get one chance to make a first impression. Don't blow it.
Death by PowerPoint is something we've all experienced as a presenter drones on and on over the top of an impenetrable series of confusing charts, unreadable tables and embarrassing clip art. The sad thing is, it doesn't have to be like this. We can make presentations both professional and interesting, exciting even.
We can also take your brochures and newsletters and create online ‘Smart books’ that look the business on any device (PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone).
• Professional, clear, on-brand presentations
• Usability testing for multiple devices
• Interactive, searchable, SEO compliant online ‘Smart books’
ONLINE EVENT REGISTRATION
Take the pressure off with our powerful, professional event management system.
Organising events can be a headache. There’s so much to remember, so much to do and so little time until it starts...
Our event registration system is fully web-based, intuitive and easy to use. It makes it simple to create forms using a standard template that can be designed to reflect your brand, and provide a seamless, professional experience for the people you invite.
• Create professional event registration sites in minutes
• Add, edit and manage unlimited events
• Customise forms for each event
• Send automatic confirmation emails
• Set up capacity management feature
EDITORIAL / COPYWRITING
Everyone can write. But not everyone can write well.
Westhill began life as an editorial agency and still retains a strong belief in the power of the written word. We're advocates of clear English and will take a red pen to any marketing speak or business jargon that creeps in.
Everything you produce reflects your business and its standards. So at the very least, get your copy proofread before it's published. Bad grammar and poor spelling will lose you business. If you can't get basic spelling and punctuation right, why would anyone trust you with more complex tasks?
• Copywriting for emails, direct mail, brochures, websites, adverts, posters, blogs, newsletters, opinion pieces, white papers, award submissions and tenders
• Social media
MARKETING CAMPAIGNS / AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS
Make sure you achieve everything you aim for.
People often get carried away by campaigns. They forget that the campaign is a vehicle – and lose site of the destination. We'll make sure you get a campaign to be proud of. But we'll also make sure it's all geared towards achieving its aims.
The earlier you get us involved, the better able we are to guide you. Ask yourself: What am I saying? Who am I talking to? What do I want people to do? It may be that a poster campaign is best, or email, or a social media campaign – or a mix of lots of different media.
• Leaflets, charity packs, email marketing, posters, microsites, adverts
• Fully integrated, multimedia campaigns
• Campaign management, planning, design, production and assessment
GRAPHIC DESIGN & BRANDING SERVICES
The art of design is knowing where to draw the line.
We've been closely involved in creating identities, brands and sub-brands, as well as campaign themes and concepts (and a mountain of collateral) for some of the most successful and high profile organisations in the UK, including the Department of Health, Sodexo and BT.
• Branding and logos
• Marketing collateral (brochures, fact sheets, sales guides, adverts, posters)
• Presentations (yes, sexy PowerPoints are possible!)
• Newsletters, magazines and annual reports
• Display panels and exhibition stands
PUBLICATIONS / REPORTS / BROCHURES
Make sure everyone gets the message.
It doesn't matter if it's online or printed, whether it's your annual report and accounts, a regular newsletter or magazine or a one-off publication to mark a milestone. Everything you publish represents your organisation, its brand and its values.
We have over 20 years' experience of writing, designing and producing all sorts of publications and we'll help make sure you get your message across loud and clear.
• In-house editorial, graphic design and web teams
• Print or digital formats (or both)
• Annual reports, whitepapers, newsletters, magazines and e-zines