back to listings SME Profile: Lantra
Lantra House, Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, CV8 2LG
We are Lantra
We're one of the leading awarding bodies for land-based industries in both the UK and the Republic of Ireland. We develop quality training courses and nationally recognised qualifications that are delivered through a national network of training Provider Partners. Finding the right training to suit your needs can sometimes be a bit of a minefield. But it doesn’t have to be. We're your one-stop-shop. In fact, we're the only awarding organisation that can lead you from entry level training right through to expert user qualification.
We develop training and qualifications in a wide range of areas, from forestry and horticulture, to agriculture and landscape, and much more besides. And because we're not for profit, we can focus on the needs of industry not shareholders. Our courses are developed by industry experts who know the sector inside out. They include a mix of training only and assessed training options and are packed with practical skills and technical content to help you develop and succeed in your career. We only work with the very best training Provider companies, Instructors and Assessors the industry has to offer. With over 40 years' experience delivering high quality, specialist training, you could say it's in our DNA! So, whether you’re embarking on a new career path or just looking to boost your existing skills, your training matters. Securing the right support has never been more important. And with Lantra, finding the right course has never been easier.
- Nationally recognised, locally delivered
- Basic training through to full qualification
- Practical assessment to maximise workplace skills
- Developed by experts to latest industry standard
- Specialist Instructor network nationwide
- Unrivalled in the land-based sector
- Study at a time and place to suit you
- Over 350 specialist courses and qualifications
- Recognised by Ofqual, SQA, and Qualification Wales.
- Designed by industry for industry: We offer expert training for the land-based sector. Designed by industry, for industry, growing your skills couldn't be easier. Explore our range of courses and qualifications.
- Flexible E-Learning: Want a more flexible learning option? Our e-learning makes it even easier for you to get the training you need – in your own place at your own pace.
- Keeping in touch with your industry: We’re committed to keeping you in the picture when it comes to the news, events and insights impacting on your industry today and in the future.
- Delivering End Point Assessment: We're experts in delivering high quality apprenticeships for land-based industries. Find out more about our role as an End Point Assessment Organisation.
- Forestry & Arboriculture: We offer the most comprehensive range of chainsaw training and qualifications in the UK, we are the only awarding organisation able to offer you both training and assessment in one place.
- Highway training specialists: We offer extensive highways training to ensure everyone working in traffic management is compliant with industry best practice and health and safety regulations. We We also offer a FISS/CSCS card checker service.
Whether you’re new to the land-based sector, looking to boost your career with new skills, find refresher training or simply get up to speed with the latest health and safety regulations, we’re your one-stop-shop.
We know a single style of learning doesn't suit everyone. That's why we offer a range of flexible options including training only, assessed training, qualifications and e-learning.
Please click on the links below for more information on each of our courses:
- Whether you work with 4x4s, tractors or trailers, our suite of courses will give you the skills and knowledge to put safety in the driver’s seat
- Our courses provide you with all you need to know about machinery and construction equipment, including forklift trucks, abrasive wheels and cranes
- With our sector schemes and highways training, you’ll develop the crucial skills for working on the UK’s road to keep traffic moving
- From brushcutting and chainsaws, to tree climbing and mowers, our landscape and trees courses are perfect for anyone working in the great outdoors
- Animal welfare lies at the heart of our courses. From farming to conservation, our courses are compliant with best practice and promote high welfare standards
- Our training gives an in-depth understanding of pests and their behaviour whilst managing them responsibly with care and consideration to the environment
- Our range of courses are developed by industry experts and help organisations on their own journey to become safer and healthier places to work
- Safety is crucial on shooting grounds and our courses offer all information, skills and guidance you need in this potentially dangerous industry
- Our suite of courses will help you understand and implement different leadership and management styles according to your organisation’s needs
Here at Lantra we appreciate that an integrated approach to training - involving a mix of traditional and more contemporary learning channels - is crucial to success.
Our e-learning platform is a flexible, convenient and effective method of learning new skills and knowledge. So, if you're interested in health and safety on farms or rodent control, litter picking or food hygiene, our courses are perfect for busy lives. They’ll give you all the latest information and legislation to help boost your skills and progress your career. View our E-Learning Courses