back to listings SME Profile: Penmark
Welcome to Penmark
Deliver your project on time and to budget with Penmark, LEAN business improvement + training experts who prioritise people and processes.
Your business is unique, but the challenges it experiences aren’t. (Believe us, we’ve seen it all.)
Any business improvement consultancy can suggest methods to reduce costs or improve efficiency. Very few can discover the root of the issues, and then educate, engage, and empower your own people to help deliver sustainable improvements.
Penmark is one of the few. In fact, it may be the only one to deliver in this way.
That’s why, whether you need general support, support because the you-know-what is hovering near the fan, or support because the you-know-what has left you in a serious mess, we’re the consultants to call. Read more about us
HIRE THE BEST – WE’RE LEAN EXPERTS WITH A LEADING REPUTATION: All work won over the last 21+ years has been via recommendation.
GET PEACE OF MIND (AND MONEY) – WE TAKE YOUR RESOURCES SERIOUSLY: Devoted to working alongside clients to deliver to scope, on time and within budget.
HAND OVER YOUR STRESS – WE CAN MANAGE THE WHOLE PROJECT FOR YOU AND ALONGSIDE YOU: Top-notch programme + commercial management comes as standard.
CHOOSE SPECIALISTS OVER GENERALISTS – WE HAVE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE IN THE TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS SECTOR: Client portfolio covers rail, manufacturing, construction, local authorities and technology.
How do we implement LEAN differently from other business improvement consultancies?
In general practice, in its simplest form, this is what LEAN looks like.
- Carry out initial investigation into an existing process, procedure or way of working
- Identify unnecessary activities or practices and remove them
- See rapid and significant improvement in the business (such as increased efficiency or reduced costs)
At Penmark, we go considerable steps further when it comes to using LEAN in organisations. It’s your people that will drive sustainable change, not mere processes.
So, our approach would look more like this:
- Carry out initial independent and impartial investigation into an existing process, procedure or way of working
- Identify an activity or practice that can be removed and develop a LEAN improvement plan, ensuring all stakeholders are represented
- Immerse ourselves into your workforce to deeply understand it
- Educate your people on LEAN implementation and give them appropriate, job-specific training
- Engage your people every day in what we’re trying to achieve with the LEAN improvement plan
- See rapid and significant improvement to the organisation, culture and performance of the business
- Empower your people to continue working in this new way after we’ve exited the organisation
Approaching business improvement differently from a traditional LEAN consultancy is the reason why we’re able to say:
- Your project or training will be delivered within the agreed scope, timescale and budget — because this is the case for all our projects (unless the scope is amended!)
- You’ll be partnering with some of best LEAN experts in the country — because they’re the reason all our work over the last two decades has been won via recommendation
- You’ll get the best programme and commercial management — because we consider that vital to a positive project outcome
- Your people and their wellbeing will be placed as a top priority — because that’s the core of our approach, and the reason why our clients get the stellar results they do*
Business improvement consulting is a waste of money if it’s not sustainable, which is why we consider our exit plan to be as important as our engagement plan
As a business leader, you’ll know all too well that consultant fatigue, too much change or making too many cuts can cause severe setbacks to sustainable growth, even if the intention is good.
At Penmark, we want to ensure that your business runs like a Swiss watch, that your leadership team are primed to further progress business improvements and that your staff are excited to work there. That’s why we focus just as much on what happens after we leave your organisation as we do on what happens while we’re there.
Some Of Our Happy Clients