back to listings SME Profile: BackWatch Safety Products
Backwatch Safety Products
Phone: 01656 721871
Vehicle Safety Technology specialists since 1998, committed to reducing incidents, defend against unwarranted claims and improving the safe operation of commercial vehicles.
We offer a full and comprehensive range of safety systems, including bespoke, modular blind spot detection systems, multi camera digital video recording, audible warnings and tracking systems.
Backwatch sensor systems are own manufacture with ISO/TS16949, granted CE, E and TUV approval.
During 2011 we launched our blind spot sensor system, that was subject to extensive independent trials by AECOM on behalf of Transport for London. Following this successful trial we were granted approved supplier status by TFL. Systems are Crossrail and CLOCS compliant.
The systems have now developed to a stage we can offer customers a bespoke solution, with a wireless link between tractors and trailers, fully interchangeable between their entire fleet.
We pride ourselves on offering a responsive and personal service to all customers, irrespective of size. Our network of experienced fitment teams provide onsite service across the UK at a time to suit business needs, with no extra charge for Saturdays, Sundays or Evening work.
In consultation with our clients, we aim to fully understand their challenges and needs, helping them to select the most appropriate system to meet compliance requirements and gain maximum benefit from the systems they choose.
Aasvogel in Wantage have installed Backwatch systems in all their vehicles, comprising of surround recording systems, blind spot sensors and external warnings to cyclists when turning left. Aasvogel were experiencing significant claims against them, from damage to vehicles, property and reports of items falling from their Lorries.
All Backwatch safety products are manufactured to the highest standards and supplied with a comprehensive warranty.
Selecting the best solution for your vehicles is of paramount importance. The right system can significantly reduce the time spent resolving disputes and dealing with unnecessary accident claims. The cost of installation is a small price to pay in reducing potential casualties or loss of life. Can you afford to take that risk?
We are especially proud to be approved by both the Fleet Operators Recognition Scheme (FORS) in conjunction with Transport for London (TFL) and Crossrail.
The Mayor’s transport strategy has called for a revolution in the way we travel around London, with cycling journeys having increased twofold in recent years. Backwatch has been chosen to address these issues and make road travel safer for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
Audio visual sensor and camera technology warns the driver of any vehicle, cyclist or pedestrian within the blind spots.
Digital video recorders provide irrefutable evidence to protect your business and drivers against fraud.
Wide and varied range of cameras are available that give unparalled views to eliminate blind spots.
Comprehensive range of monitors are available to accompany the backwatch high specification camera and sensor technology.
External alarms specifically alert passers-by and cyclists to keep clear of manoeuvring vehicle.
Vital to provide a clear warning of your vehicles presence.
Services At A Glance
- Design: Our dedicated partner manufacturer ensures complete control at the design and build stage. All Backwatch vehicle safety products are made to strict safety guidelines, using the latest advances in technology. The Backwatch warranty is our assurance to you of our confidence in our products.
- Implementation: Our experienced sales and service team will give you all the help you need to decide which system works best for your vehicle or fleet. Highly trained auto-electrical fitters work around your business hours, to provide a fast, efficient service, minimising any down time to your services.
- Ongoing Support: We provide a comprehensive full service back up. In the unlikely event you experience an equipment failure, our top priority is to ensure all issues are resolved quickly at a time convenient to you and to your complete satisfaction.
- Other Services: other services we provide include light bars, beacons, LEDs, hands free phone systems, tow bars and ply lining. Please contact us for further details
As HGV safety technology improves, so the issues of cyclist / HGV collisions continue to gain profile. Selecting the right type of equipment for your fleet is essential in ensuring the maximum benefit for your drivers, your business and improving safety on the roads. And it needn’t cost a fortune – Backwatch have several cost efficient options to suit all budgets and requirements. Backwatch will assist you with the following key steps:
- Identification: Our team will help identify the need for a vehicle safety system and support you in making the right choice of equipment.
- Implementation: Qualified Backwatch fitters will install the system across your fleet and train your drivers.
- Ongoing support: We monitor and suggest improvements to the system ensuring that future benefits and developments in technology are realised.
There are currently two main types of HGV safety technology on offer – camera systems and sensor systems. Sensors detect cyclists and alert the driver visually and/or audibly. Cameras allow a continuous view of blind spots and can be combined with recording systems for reporting and training purposes. Both of these in-cab alerts can be combined with external warnings to alert the cyclist or pedestrian of the vehicle’s next manoeuvre.
Proud to be associated with and approved suppliers to Transport for London Benefits Hotline:0844 8090 944