back to listings SME Profile: Pace Consult
652 The Crescent, Colchester Business Park, Colchester, CO4 9YQ
Pace Consult is a market leading multidisciplinary consultancy, offering specialist acoustic, vibration and air tightness services.
Pace Consult has a proven track record in turning complex acoustic challenges into cost effective and practical solutions. With particularly strong consultancy teams in the education, healthcare and commercial sectors, Pace Consult has delivered a long line of high profile projects, working with partners such as Bouygues, Kier, Wates, Willmott Dixon, Galliford Try & Ardmore among many other long term UK contractor partners. Pace is also frequently engaged by prominent architecture practises such as Penoyre & Prasad, Bond Bryan, Aedas, Jestico & Whiles to name a limited few. Read more about us
With a stock of amazing projects also being undertaken in the Middle East, Pace has coverage wherever you need it no matter what the project or need, you've come to the right place.
Approved under the ANC registration scheme for Building Regulations (Part E) completion testing works, Pace Consult offers a cost effective, rapid and nationwide testing service.
- Planning & Expert Witness
- Section 61 notices and detailed planning matters
- Construction noise and vibration monitoring to BS5228
- Architectural acoustic design
- Auditorium design
- Emergency PA system
- Football & Athletics Stadia
- Education acoustics
- 3D room acoustics modelling using OdeonTM
- Testing and certification
- Problem investigations & remedial works
- Environmental impact assessment
- Mechanical services acoustic assessment and design
The 'floating' of a building due to transport vibration sources such as Cross Rail is not a decision to be taken lightly and is both technically challenging as well as costly. Pace Consult is on hand to correctly specify and review treatment measures and to inspect the installation and survey its efficacy throughout construction.
Construction stage vibration affecting offsite receptors is another major field of deployment for Pace Consult with many projects receiving continuous monitoring from our fleet of remote communication noise & vibration units. These allow a signal to be sent to the construction team when a defined vibration (or noise) level is exceeded allowing the minimisation of impact. Detailed guidance is provided in a number of British Standards, BS 6472, BS 5228, and BS 7385.
Compliance & BREEAM Evidence
- Air Quality Assessment for Planning
- Building Regulations Sound Tests - Approved Document Part E
- Building Regulations Air Permeability Tests - Approved Document Part L 1&2
- Construction Stage Noise, Vibration & Air Quality Monitoring
- BREEAM HEA 04: Thermal Comfort - SBEM, EPC
- HEA 05: Acoustic Performance
- POL 05: External Plant Noise Survey & Assessment
- ENE 04: Low Carbon Design Low Zero Carbon Strategy Reports
- MAN 04: Commissioning & Handover (Air Tightness Test and/or Thermographic Survey)
- Architectural design reviews
- Testing and certification
- Advice and reporting
- Site audits / troubleshooting
- From design through to testing and certification, Pace Consult will adopt a flexible approach, combining services to provide a fully integrated solution, or delivering standalone packages in response to specific project demands.