back to listings SME Profile: Skyline Business Services
78 York Street, London, W1H 1DP
Skyline Business Services offer a wide range of bespoke, yet detailed, services from an advisory capacity to hands on leadership.
Gift Aid is a vital source of revenue, and something that most charities put considerable focus on. But the complexities of the getting the best performance from the system due the range of manual processes can often be difficult ensure full compliance with HMRC regulations. This mixture of internal charity pressure operational complexity can lead to operational ‘errors’ which can inadvertently overstate the HMRC Gift Aid claim.
How can Skyline help?
Through our consultancy services Skyline interact with Gift Aid within a large range of different charities so we are without doubt the leading experts of Gift Aid in the UK. From performance to compliance, we have the expertise to optimise the Gift Aid claim but at the same time give you the assurance that you are 100% compliant to HMRC regulations. As a result of our work several clients have either paid back money to HMRC, many have increased their Gift Aid claim but all have improved their processes.
We carry out Gift Aid audits for clients because of our depth of expertise and knowledge of the EPOS based Gift Aid as well as the manual processes. We also produce Gift Aid manuals to help generate the optimum Gift Aid from a charity’s donors and at the same time ensure good HMRC compliance.
So irrespective if you are a charity who wants optimum Gift Aid or HMRC who wants to check the compliance we are the go-to consultancy.
Our Customer Experience Mystery Shop can provide an invaluable tool. An anonymous observer, posing as a donor, can record their experience. This will provide a donor’s eye view of the entire procedure and identify potential opportunities for improvement. At Skyline, the charity’s data will give a clear indication of where there may be process failures within the Gift Aid operation.
Most importantly we can also help ensure your processes and procedures related to Gift Aid will identify where HMRC requirements are not being met, and where staff are not complying with their responsibilities. As well as troubleshooting, these procedures also provide an opportunity to recognise good work being done, and thereby incentivise more of it.
If Gift Aid is to become part of the culture of the workplace, it’ll need to be inculcated through quality training. We are an accredited UK training provider, capable of providing training both in a classroom and on site. We can clarify any misconceptions around the Gift Aid process and ensure that every member of your staff is thoroughly acquainted with their responsibilities. We can then follow this up with additional learning checks and follow-up businesses, and thereby bake these practices into the day-to-day running of the business.
If Gift Aid is to become part of the culture of the workplace, it’ll need to be inculcated through quality training. We are an accredited UK training provider, capable of providing training both in a classroom and on site.
The people who run your departments will play an enormous role in determining its success or failure. Invest in them and you will see worthwhile improvements.
- UK-registered training provider
- Tailored training programmes to suit your requirements including classroom setting, on-site training or using a range of technology-based solutions
- Recognised industry experts with decades of experience
- Wide range of courses that include pricing, visual merchandising, EPOS data analysis, Selling Online and many more
- More than 90% satisfaction from our previous participants
Customer Experience Survey
In an industry where reputation is everything, a detailed and unique insight into how you are perceived by your customers, donors and potential volunteers, could be invaluable. What does our Customer Experience Survey cover?
- Donor Experience including if and how Gift Aid is mentioned
- Volunteer experience when inquiring about volunteering
- Customer service experience when making a purchase
- The product range the local customer would expect
- The overall shop ambience
- Product pricing and if it is optimised to the local market
- The product rotation compared to industry best practice
- The product rotation compared to industry best practice
- The brand awareness and effect the shop has overall on the brand image
Health Check – Compliance & Governance
Our market leading product ‘Health Check’ will;
- Offer a detailed, yet bespoke, analysis and review of your charity retail business
- Identifies any weaknesses in your compliance
- Propose recommendations that will focus on areas of non-compliance that we have highlighted
- Give assurances that your retail business is performing as close as possible to its optimal performance complying to all current legislation whilst
Many businesses fail because their strategy is not robust enough or it is not right for the evolving marketplace. In other cases, they simply do not have the tools or the knowledge to implement it. Skyline Business Services are the UK’s leading experts in the charity retail marketplace, and we understand the role that your retail strategy plays in;
- Driving sales
- Improving profitability
- Providing focus and direction to all your staff and volunteers
- Maximising opportunities while identifying potential threats
Please click on the links below for more information on each of our services:
- Health Check
- Retail Strategy
- Selling Online
- Gift Aid
- Customer Experience Review
- Commercial Training
- Leadership Support & Mentoring
- Interim Management
- Human Resources
- Loss Prevention
All our services are bespoke and can be tailored to meet your needs and requirements. If you feel your organisation could beneﬁt from our support, you can contact us for a no-obligation meeting, which can be either face-to-face, via phone, or via video conferencing, depending on what is convenient for you