back to listings SME Profile: PEM
Salisbury House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2LA
PEM are the leading independent firm of accountants, tax and business advisers based in Cambridge.
Energetic, grounded, smart.
Words not usually associated with accountancy, but the key personality traits of PEM, the largest independent firm of accountants and business advisers based in Cambridge.
Our clients enjoy a relationship that’s open and jargon-free; where needs are explored and understood and where our track record and reliability contribute to our clients’ own success. We’ve been in business for over 140 years and work with a diverse range of individuals, businesses and not for profit organisations. Find out more
- Lift the administrative burden, reduce your costs and free up precious management time with our outsourced accounting services. Find out more
Audit & assurance
- Auditing presents an opportunity to gain insights that can help you streamline your business, improve your processes and even profitability. Find out more
- Whether you’re looking for regular input or help with a one-off project we’ll work with you to develop a defined, clear and measurable strategy. Find out more
- If you’re buying, selling or growing a company, our Corporate Finance team are by your side for these critical business moments. Find out more
COVID-19 – How can PEM help?
- The current situation regarding the spread of COVID-19 is a cause of great concern to many. We understand that you may have questions and concerns about how it will impact you and business and what practical support is available to you. Find out more
- PEMCarrwood, a joint venture between PEM and Lighthouse Carrwood, is our independent financial advisory service that provides wealth management advice to individuals and their businesses. Find out more
- Whether you’re doing business internationally or planning to live outside the UK we can help you save UK and non UK tax. Find out more
- PEM Legal Services is our private client law firm which is independently regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We provide a range of legal services to individuals, families, executors and trustees. Find out more
- Outsource your payroll function and rest assured your staff are paid accurately, on time and with the utmost confidentiality. Find out more
Probate and estates
- When emotions run high and families and friends are facing a new start our experienced team are on hand to help guide you through the maze of probate and estate administration. Find out more
Recovery & insolvency
- Whether you’re a sole trader, partnership or limited company, if you find yourself slipping into debt, it’s vital to act fast. Find out more
- Our forty strong tax team is on hand to guide you through the complexities of both UK and international tax systems. Find out more
WHO WE HELP
- Farmers, landowners and agribusinesses are in safe hands with our specialist agricultural accountants, advisers and taxation experts. Find out more
Charities & not for profit
- Our charities team provide audit, tax and governance advisory services to organisations of all shapes and sizes. Find out more
- We’re proud auditors of more than two thirds of the Cambridge colleges as well as some of the best known independent schools and universities throughout the region. Find out more
- Our friendly, expert healthcare team have in-depth knowledge of the unique accounting and taxation needs of medical and healthcare professionals. Find out more
Owner managed businesses
- We support businesses throughout their life-cycle offering everything from basic accounting services to complex business planning. Find out more
- Whatever stage you’re at in life, our private client team will help you make the most of your money. Find out more
- Whether you’re a solicitor, financial adviser, estate agent, architect or surveyor, it’s vital to choose the right firm to handle your audit, accounting, taxation and compliance needs. Find out more
Property & construction
- Our team of property and construction experts work with developers, investors, landlords and agents operating in both commercial or residential markets. Find out more
- Located in the heart of silicon fen, we work with some of the region’s most respected companies in the technology sector – from start-ups to large multinationals. Find out more
PEM is a member of Kreston International, a global network of over 200 accounting firms across 125 countries. This provides a resource of over 25,000 dedicated professionals wherever in the world you happen to do business. This international capability enables us to offer our clients an informed global resource for accounting, auditing, taxation and advisory services.