back to listings SME Profile: Morton Fraser Lawyers
Edinburgh Office: Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, EH3 9GL
Morton Fraser have been named as a supplier on Crown Commercial Service's Wider Public Sector Legal Services framework
Based in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Morton Fraser Lawyers is a thriving, independent, top ten Scottish law firm. The work we undertake helps businesses, the public sector, individuals and families.
In the recent Sunday Times Best Companies awards, we were ranked as one of the Top 10 Best Law Firms to work for in the UK and the only one from Scotland. In addition we were ranked as 24th in the Top Companies to work for in Scotland. These accreditations involve staff surveys and other independent verifications. Our reputation for fair work practices, such as agile working, help attract and retain talented and experienced staff.
Central to our role as a trusted adviser, is one word. Clarity. It directs the way we communicate. It informs the way we advise. It ensures the total transparency of our charges.
We’ll not expect you to pay any fees which we didn’t make clear to you. . Read more about us
We work throughout the UK with a wide variety of businesses and public sector organisations as well as advising individuals and families.
We work closely with over a hundred public sector organisations throughout the UK, and understand the particular issues they face.
The public sector is facing unprecedented challenges. In the climate of austerity it is under enormous pressures in terms of funding and sustainability. We have been working within the sector for many years and with over eighty specialists, have one of the biggest public sector teams in Scotland.
We’re acutely aware of the public accountability, the reputational risks, the political and media sensitivities and the overarching policy issues the sector faces. We have a strong focus on the sector and know how important it is to get it right and get it right first time. We’ve helped many clients effectively re-invent themselves for the future, where appropriate, drawing on our private sector experience to achieve this.
Please click on the links below for more information on each of our services:
OTHER SECTORS INCLUDE
- Listed in the Times Best Law Firms 2021
- Ranked by both Chambers UK Guide and Legal 500 with Leaders in 28 areas
- Our Clients include the Scottish Government, The Ministry of Defence, Diageo, Royal Mail Group, Rockspring, Stewart Milne, Persimmon, City of Edinburgh Council, Transport Scotland, Tesco, Scottish Canals and a very large number of SMEs
- One of the largest public sector teams in Scotland delivering services to over 100 public sector clients
- The exclusive member firm in Scotland for Interlaw
- ISO 27001 certified
- Signatory to the Mindful Business Charter
- Member of the 30% Club, a campaign to increase gender diversity at board and senior management levels
- Headcount of c.300.
- In the 2021 Sunday Times Best Companies awards, we were ranked as one of the Top 10 Best Law Firms to work for in the UK and the only one from ScotlandOne of only two law firms in Scotland to participate in the Law Society of Scotland's RARE, contextualised recruitment scheme
- Our staff are involved with 43 different organisations offering pro bono support
- Our Charity of the year 2021, voted for by our staff, is supporting local foodbanks