A Cuckoo in the Nest? When speed and innovation compromise security
Blog posted by Undisclosed CSO, 09 October 2017.
AXELOS' 'Cyber Stories from the Frontline' brings to life the reality of cyber-crime for organizations today - and from the perspective of those who have first-hand experience:
Have you ever worked on a project where deadlines have taken precedence over good practice and opened up your IT systems to unnecessary risk?
This is exactly what happened to one CSO in our real-life 'Cyber Stories from the Frontline' series of cyber security stories.
How can the facts of this true story be both a warning and a guide to other organizations?
In the last of our series, A Cuckoo in the Nest, we explore:
- How someone logging into your system might not be person you think it is
- Why weaknesses in best practice – such as sharing log-in details – can expose your organization to hackers
- Striking the balance between positive contractor relations and letting third parties have unfettered access to sensitive data
- How to maintain good practice when timings mean you’re tempted to cut corners
- How to spot changes in behaviour that are warning signs of security issues
- The need for regular and refreshed cyber security training to minimize risk.
To find out what you can learn from this Cyber Story from the Frontline, download the full story, A Cuckoo in the Nest.
Read more Cyber Stories from the Frontline
Latest News from
Making complex projects more profitable and predictable19/02/2018 14:25:00
Blog poste by: Laurie Bowman, principal – project planning and control consultancy, Synchrony, 16 February 2018.
PRINCE2® templates – benefits management approach15/02/2018 09:20:00
Blog posted by: Mark Sutton – Change Manager, Yireh Ltd, 14 February 2018.
ITIL® Expert and ITIL® Practitioner – value in having both13/02/2018 11:25:00
Blog posted by: Piya Chiewcharat – Pholsiri Consults and Services, 12 February 2018.
Personal data and GDPR: handing over the “car keys” with confidence12/02/2018 16:10:00
Blog posted by: Stuart Rance – Optimal Service Management, 09 February 2018.