Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Africa Prosperity Fund: Call for bids
The Africa Prosperity fund is looking for project concepts for financial year 2015 to 2016 funding.
The Prosperity Fund is the FCO’s dedicated annual fund supporting prosperity work overseas. Through targeted projects, it aims to support the conditions for global and UK growth: Openness, Sustainability, Opportunity and Reputation. The Prosperity Fund has devolved £300k to Africa Strategy and Network Unit (ASNU) to fund a project up to the value of £285k for our High Level Prosperity Partnership (HLPP) target countries of Angola, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Mozambique and Tanzania. The remaining £15k will be held by ASNU for contingencies.
We are pleased to announce the call for bids for the for the Africa Prosperity (HLPP) Fund for financial year 2015 to 2016.
How to apply
- Detailed guidance on how to apply is contained below in the Guidance for Potential Implementers. Please read this document carefully, together with the FAQs.
- Please also familiarise yourself at an early stage with the standard grant contract.
- Bidding templates are provided below. The deadline for submitting project concepts to ASNU is 19 January 2015. Concept bids should be no more than three pages in length.
- We would expect one project bid up to £285k with a range of activities covering the targeted sectors across the some or all of the five HLPP countries. This reflects the strategic nature of the Africa Prosperity (HLPP) Fund and the need for high impact (please see A.
- The project should be planned so that they are implemented and completed by March 2016.
How proposals are assessed:
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Value for money
- Strategic fit
- Evidence of local demand or need
- Project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation(s)
- Project design, including clear achievable impact
- Risk and stakeholder management
Please read the guidance for 2015 to 2016. These documents cover the type of projects that we would like to see, the application process, ensuring a quality bid and getting the budget right.
- HLPP Fund 2015-16 Call for Bids (PDF, 218KB, 2 pages)
- Guidance for potential implementers (PDF, 403KB, 12 pages)
- Project concept form (PDF, 129KB, 2 pages)
- Bidding FAQs (PDF, 134KB, 4 pages)
- Standard grant contract (PDF, 289KB, 14 pages)
Full proposal documents
Implementers will be invited to submit a full proposal if their project concept is successful.
Please see the full proposal forms and template activity based budget below:
- Full proposal form for projects over £80k (PDF, 303KB, 11 pages)
- Activity based budget template (ODS, 10.2KB)
Latest News from
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Fish eye lenses: UK launches world’s largest ocean monitoring system to protect wildlife and biodiversity06/04/2021 14:10:00
The UK will pioneer the world’s largest ocean wildlife monitoring system to help protect life below water as part of the UK Government Blue Belt programme.
Global summit to help those most vulnerable fight climate change31/03/2021 13:27:00
Countries that are most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change will help set the international agenda.
Conference on Disarmament: Minister Cleverly's Address on the UK Integrated Review26/03/2021 12:32:00
Minister James Cleverly addressed the Conference on Disarmament following the publication of the UK Integrated Review of Security, Defence, Foreign Policy and Development.
Building back better and fairer for women and girls around the world26/03/2021 10:25:00
UK National Statement given yesterday at the 65th Commission on the Status of Women by Baroness Berridge.
FCDO Smart Sustainable Cities project: 2021 edition24/03/2021 08:10:00
The FCDO Smart Sustainable Cities project is led by the British Embassy Madrid and funded by the Prosperity Fund.
PM to publish review defining the UK’s place in the world16/03/2021 12:29:00
The Integrated Review creates a framework for government policy in the coming years, to enable the UK to shape a more open international order where democracies flourish
UK Government to relocate over 1000 civil service jobs to Scotland15/03/2021 16:12:00
The Cabinet Office is to establish a second flagship HQ with ministerial offices in Glasgow, bringing the heart of the UK government closer to the communities it serves.
UK to send millions of pounds recovered from corrupt officials back to Nigeria09/03/2021 14:10:00
Today, the UK and Nigeria agreed the return of £4.2 million to Nigeria – funds recovered from the former Delta State Governor, James Ibori and his associates.