Annual information published on cost of NHS estate
Information relating to the costs  of providing, maintaining and servicing the NHS estate has been published by NHS Digital today.
The Estates Return Information Collection (ERIC) includes national and local level information from all NHS Trusts in England that delivered secondary care and ambulance services between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019.
Data was received from 227 trusts including 10 ambulance trusts.
The report includes information at trust and site level, including those trusts operating under a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) arrangement.
It includes comparisons with the previous year at national level in key areas such as:
- Financial information
- Buildings – quality, function, area and utilisation of space
- Utilities – energy and water
- Car parking
- Inpatient food, laundry and linen, cleaning and portering services
The scope and content of the ERIC collection are reviewed annually to ensure that the information gathered is necessary for, and relevant to, monitoring efficiencies and the funding of the NHS estate.
Read the full report: The Estates Return Information Collection (ERIC)
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2018/19 financial year, NHS Digital published 287 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- The collection does not include costs relating to the delivery of primary medical, dental or community care, unless those services are provided by staff based in premises owned or operated by secondary care providers. In this case, an element of those costs will be included, but not separately identified.
- For media enquiries or interview requests, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 303 3888.
Latest News from
Prescribing costs for 2018-19 published15/11/2019 09:15:00
Information on the estimated costs at list price of medicines used in hospitals and prescribed in primary care in 2018-19 has been published by NHS Digital.
Experimental waiting times data for autism services published for first time14/11/2019 13:25:00
Partial statistics on waiting times for people in contact with autism services have been published today by NHS Digital.
Strong showing for NHS Digital as four shortlisted for prestigious ‘Women in IT’ awards12/11/2019 11:15:00
Women in NHS Digital have been shortlisted for four different Women in IT awards from the Women in IT Global Initiative.
Report published on extent of pharmacy services in England08/11/2019 09:15:00
NHS Digital yesterday published figures on activity carried out by community pharmacies and appliance contractors1 in England.
Painkiller use in childbirth drops six percentage points in a decade01/11/2019 09:15:00
The use of analgesics or anaesthetics before or during delivery has dropped from 67% of all deliveries in 2008-09 to 61% in 2018-19, new figures released by NHS Digital show.
New social media techniques used to boost cancer screening rates30/10/2019 14:15:00
Hundreds of practice nurses across the country have been taught how social media can improve health thanks to the success of one of NHS Digital’s Widening Digital Participation projects.
Annual Quality Outcomes Framework (QOF) report for England published24/10/2019 14:15:00
Figures showing the recorded prevalence of 21 conditions, including asthma, hypertension, dementia, diabetes, and depression are published today by NHS Digital.
Three reports providing official adult social care statistics released by NHS Digital23/10/2019 09:15:00
NHS Digital yesterday published three reports which include the latest statistics on those in receipt of adult social care in England.