UK online centres
Apply Now For A £2,000 Grant
We’re delighted to announce a new funding opportunity through our partnership with TalkTalk. The project aims to support a small number of Online Centres to build digital capacity in the hardest to reach and most vulnerable people in their local communities.
There are 12 grants of £2,000 available and we’re hoping to support both new centres and those who have never received funding from Good Things Foundation previously. One centre in Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and each of the 9 regions across England will be selected, ensuring an even coverage across the United Kingdom.
Here’s an outline of what is expected of successful applicants:
- Engage a new audience group, focusing on the most vulnerable in society.
- Enable new partnerships that extend the community organisation’s reach and impact.
- Identify one beneficiary case study.
- Produce a short report at the end of 5 months outlining your approach, what you learned and the impact that it has had.
- Engage with 50 individuals over 5 months, to support all of them through the Staying Safe in a Digital World course on Learn My Way.
- Be prepared to participate in interviews with the Good Things Foundation Design and Innovation team.
Before submitting an application please read the following eligibility criteria:
- Organisations already in receipt of funding from Good Things Foundation cannot apply. This includes any organisations from the same company.
- If you are unsuccessful for funding in September, you will be able to apply again for a second round of funding at a later date.
- You must already be registered as a member of the Online Centres Network.
To apply, we’re asking Online Centres to propose an innovative idea around digital inclusion delivery before the deadline of 5pm on Friday 29 September.
You can contact our Network Support Team if you have any questions about the application process. They can be contacted on 0114 349 1666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest News from
UK online centres
Working Together With Lloyds Banking Group22/08/2017 12:15:00
We’re delighted to announce that we’ve entered into a strategic partnership with Lloyds Banking Group that will have a significant impact on supporting people to improve their digital skills.
What Do You Want To See At Digital Evolution 2017?21/08/2017 13:48:00
This year’s Digital Evolution conference will once again see us bringing together community partners, policy makers, corporate organisations and third sector representatives to take an in-depth look at how digital can have an impact on tackling social exclusion.
GETTING TO GRIPS WITH UNIVERSAL CREDIT02/08/2017 11:20:00
Blog posted by: by Charlotte Self, 02 August 2017.
Network Day - See You There?31/07/2017 14:15:00
Following on from the success of our Facing the Future - Together events earlier in the year, we’ve organised an Online Centres Network event just before Get Online Week - and we’d love to see you there!