August 2016 Price Paid Data
Land Registry Price Paid Data tracks land and property sales in England and Wales submitted to them for registration.
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of over 90,100 residential and commercial land and property sales in England and Wales lodged for registration in August 2016.
Of the 90,103 sales lodged for registration:
67,439 were freehold
8,718 were newly built
around 31,600 sales took place in August 2016
552 were residential sales in August 2016 in England and Wales for £1 million and over
297 were residential sales in August 2016 in London for £1 million and over
Number of sales lodged for registration by property type
|Property type||August 2016|
The most expensive residential sale in August 2016 was of a terraced property in the City of Westminster, London for £25,500,000. The cheapest residential sales in August 2016 were of a semi-detached property in South Hetton, County Durham and a terraced property in Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales for £10,000 each.
The most expensive commercial sale in August 2016 was in Bristol, Somerset for £23,630,000. The cheapest commercial sale in August 2016 was in Letchworth, Hertfordshire for £500.
Notes to editors
- Price Paid Data (PPD) is published at 11am on the 20th working day of each month. The September dataset will be published on 28 October 2016.
- Price Paid Data is property price data for all residential and commercial property sales in England and Wales that are lodged with us for registration in that month, subject to exclusions.
- The following information is available for each property:
- the full address
- the price paid
- the date of transfer
- the property type
- whether it is new build or not
- whether it is freehold or leasehold
- Price Paid Data can be downloaded in txt, csv format and in a machine readable format as linked data. It is available for anyone to examine or re-use free of charge under the Open General Licence (OGL) .
- Price Paid Data includes Standard Price Paid Data (SPPD) for single residential property sales at full market value and Additional Price Paid Data (APPD) for transactions previously excluded from SPPD such as:
- transfers to a non-private individual, for example a company, corporate body or business
- transfers under a power of sale (repossessions)
- buy-to-lets (where they can be identified by a mortgage)The information available for each property will indicate whether it is APPD or SPPD and the record’s status - addition/change/deletion (A/C/D).
- The Price Paid Data report builder allows users to build bespoke reports using the data. Reports can be based on location, estate type, price paid or property type over a defined period of time.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing over 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on Twitter:
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0063349
Latest News from
September 2017 Transaction Data23/10/2017 09:10:05
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in September 2017.
Geovation welcomes a new generation of disruptive property and location data businesses19/10/2017 09:05:49
Six start-ups to receive funding, business support and the strategic backing of Ordnance Survey (OS) and HM Land Registry (HMLR).
Customers can receive first registration application results online18/10/2017 12:42:24
From 23 October, business customers will receive first registration application results online under certain circumstances.
UK House Price Index: new data reveals number of cash buyers18/10/2017 10:10:10
Cash sales account for between 30% and 40% of all transactions at Great Britain level.