HM Land Registry
August 2018 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in August 2018.
- HM Land Registry completed more than 1,746,970 applications to change or query the Land Register
- The South East topped the table of regional applications with 402,692
HM Land Registry completed 1,746,974 applications in August compared with 1,794,855 in July and 1,671,917 last August, of which:
- 393,233 were applications for register updates compared with 408,138 in July
- 838,122 were applications for an official copy of a register compared with 860,123 in July
- 226,859 were search and hold queries (official searches) compared with 231,386 in July
- 27,275 were postal applications from non-account holders compared with 27,245 in July
Applications by region and country
|Region/country||June applications||July applications||August applications|
|Yorkshire and the Humber||128,441||138,612||135,462|
|Isles of Scilly||66||109||52|
|England and Wales (not assigned)||72||73||75|
Latest News from
HM Land Registry
UK House Price Index for August 201818/10/2018 11:10:00
The UK HPI shows house price changes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Geovation programme continues to attract innovators16/10/2018 13:37:00
Meet the latest GeoTech and PropTech companies to join the Geovation Programme.
Improving our guidance on variations in names12/10/2018 10:25:00
HM Land Registry is making thier requirements clearer where the names in deeds sent to us for registration do not match.
Digital Local Land Charges Register goes live for City of London Corporation09/10/2018 09:25:00
HM Land Registry continues the digital transformation of homebuying through its online Local Land Charges Register.
Rejection policy widens for first registrations08/10/2018 17:02:00
Following the success of last year’s test to widen our rejection criteria, we will trial 6 more criteria from today.
HM Land Registry to explore the benefits of blockchain02/10/2018 09:25:00
HM Land Registry is exploring how blockchain technology could be used to to provide quicker and simpler services.
August 2018 Price Paid Data01/10/2018 11:10:00
HM Land Registry Price Paid Data tracks land and property sales in England and Wales submitted to us for registration.
UK House Price Index for July 201820/09/2018 10:25:00
The UK HPI, which shows house price changes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, achieved National Statistic status on 18 September 2018.