Department of Health and Social Care
COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Also published by:
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
Guidance for employees, employers and businesses in providing advice about the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to their staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of COVID-19
- what to do if someone has symptoms of COVID-19 has been in business settings
- eligibility for sick pay
This guidance also provides details of support available to businesses including:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- statutory sick pay relief package for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme to help with tax
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance
- COVID-19: guidance for staff in the transport sector
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) action plan
Latest News from
Department of Health and Social Care
Test and Trace service reaches more than 250,000 people since launch14/08/2020 15:10:00
New NHS Test and Trace app begins trial phase, as latest statistics show the service is consistently reaching the majority of people testing positive and their contacts.
Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings14/08/2020 10:10:10
Findings published yesterday by Imperial College London suggest that 6% of the population in England, around 3.4 million people, have been infected with COVID-19.
New UK-wide methodology agreed to record COVID-19 deaths13/08/2020 16:10:00
The publication of daily data on coronavirus deaths resumed as of yesterday, following a review by Public Health England (PHE) of the methodology used to calculate the figures.
Prime Minister confirms funding to prepare the NHS for winter11/08/2020 13:22:00
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces the 117 Trusts allocated share of £300 million to upgrade A&E facilities.
New funding to double nursing apprentices and help deliver 50,000 more nurses11/08/2020 10:10:10
A new government package worth £172 million will help to train thousands more nursing degree apprentices.
NHS Test and Trace service to strengthen regional contact tracing10/08/2020 16:10:00
NHS Test and Trace and Public Health England will extend its partnership with local authorities to reach more people testing positive and their contacts.
Update on Randox test kits10/08/2020 13:10:00
Notification of issue relating to test kits produced by Randox laboratories. This affects the ‘Randox COVID-19 Home Testing Kit’ with the catalogue number: EV4429.
Restrictions on household gatherings to continue in parts of the north west and West Yorkshire10/08/2020 09:25:00
The current rules on social gatherings will continue in parts of the north west, West Yorkshire and Leicester, following a review of all local restrictions recently by government and local authorities.