Commercialising quantum: extra £3 million available
Additional funding for UK businesses and researchers to realise the potential of quantum technologies brings total up to £9 million.
Up to £9 million is now available for UK businesses and research organisations to work together to understand the feasibility of quantum technologies and develop the market.
Innovate UK will invest up to £6 million, with an additional £3 million co-funding announced from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). It is being run as part of the UK National Quantum Technologies Programme, government’s £270 million commitment.
The opportunities of quantum
The emerging quantum technologies sector is valued at £1 billion and offers substantial opportunities for innovative UK businesses.
We are seeking collaborative feasibility studies that improve understanding of the technical capabilities or quantum technologies, and the market for these products or services.
Your project could be:
- technical, establishing the feasibility of devices that exploit quantum phenomena
- non-technical, analysing future markets, applications or business models
- the competition is open, and the deadline for applications is 20 September 2017
- projects must be collaborative, with either a UK business or research and technology organisation as the lead
- projects should last between 3 months and one year
- total project costs should be between £40,000 and £500,000
Latest News from
Tackling drug resistance: UK-China funding competition announced17/08/2017 09:10:00
A new competition for 2018 will make up to £10 million available to UK organisations to work with Chinese partners.
UK spectroscopy firm bought for £40 million14/08/2017 16:15:00
Acquisition of Cobalt Light Systems follows support from Innovate UK to develop airport bottle screener for liquid explosives.
Innovate 2017: tickets available to UK’s biggest innovation event14/08/2017 14:20:00
Come and find out about the future of industry and meet with other entrepreneurs, investors and business experts.
Reducing the use of animals in research: apply for SBRI funding07/08/2017 09:05:00
Up to £2.3 million is available to UK SMEs across 3 challenges to replace, refine and reduce the use of animals.