Commercialising quantum: extra £3 million available
Additional funding for UK businesses and researchers to realise the potential of quantum technologies brings total up to £9 million.
Up to £9 million is now available for UK businesses and research organisations to work together to understand the feasibility of quantum technologies and develop the market.
Innovate UK will invest up to £6 million, with an additional £3 million co-funding announced from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). It is being run as part of the UK National Quantum Technologies Programme, government’s £270 million commitment.
The opportunities of quantum
The emerging quantum technologies sector is valued at £1 billion and offers substantial opportunities for innovative UK businesses.
We are seeking collaborative feasibility studies that improve understanding of the technical capabilities or quantum technologies, and the market for these products or services.
Your project could be:
- technical, establishing the feasibility of devices that exploit quantum phenomena
- non-technical, analysing future markets, applications or business models
- the competition is open, and the deadline for applications is 20 September 2017
- projects must be collaborative, with either a UK business or research and technology organisation as the lead
- projects should last between 3 months and one year
- total project costs should be between £40,000 and £500,000
Latest News from
Motorbikes to large trucks: developing zero emission vehicles25/09/2017 10:28:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £20 million to support development of technologies that allow a range of vehicles to be zero emission.
UK firms challenged to cut freight emissions22/09/2017 12:12:00
Companies are urged to compete for up to £15 million of funding to develop technology to reduce harmful emissions from freight.
Innovate 2017: see the best in UK innovation22/09/2017 10:25:00
Some of the country’s most forward-thinking businesses will showcase their products and ideas at Innovate UK’s flagship event.
New million-pound production unit will tackle global diseases21/09/2017 12:10:00
£7.3 million investment will help battle against mosquito-borne disease and create 75 jobs for Oxitec, an Innovate UK-supported company.