Government Communications Service
Congratulations Public Service Comms Excellence Awards winners
Congratulations to all winners of the joint GCS, LG communications and LGA Public Service Communications Excellence Awards 2018.
Thank you to everyone who entered this year’s awards. A judging panel from GCS, LG Comms, LGA reviewed over 70 campaigns received from teams across all UK government and public service communications, winners were announced at a special evening event as part of this year’s Communications Academy held in Birmingham. Congratulations to all our shortlisted winners and special mention to our Platinum Award winner HMRC for the Self Assessment 2018 campaign.
HM Revenue & Customs: Self Assessment 2018
- London Borough of Waltham Forest: London Borough of Culture
- Counter Terrorism Policing: Action Counters Terrorism
- Department of Work and Pensions: Get to know your pension
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency: #FakeMeds
- Health and Safety Executive: Go Home Healthy
- Salisbury Council / Wiltshire Public Services Partnership: Wiltshire Public Services Partnership
- South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue: Our Firefighting Mum
- Ministry of Justice: MoJ Values
- Lancashire County Council: Thinking about Adoption?
- Scottish Government and Transport Scotland: Breathtaking Roads
- St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: Nursing Recruitment
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Food is GREAT
- Department for International Development: Soccer Aid for UNICEF and UK Aid Match
- Birmingham City Council: Commonwealth Games Handover
- Manchester City Council: Manchester Together
- Network Rail: Small Talk Saves Lives
- Hertfordshire County Council: #justtalk
- Home Office: Disruptive Effects for Maritime Port Security
- Innovate UK: Women in Innovation
- Royal Air Force: RAF 100
Latest News from
Government Communications Service
GCS Apprenticeship – applications now live19/02/2019 11:10:00
Interested in communications or know someone who might be? The Government Communication Service (GCS) apprenticeship offers a unique opportunity to learn while you earn, and develop the skills needed to begin your career in communications.
GCS Internship – applications now live11/02/2019 14:10:00
Are you considering a career in communications? The Government Communication Service (GCS) internship offers a unique opportunity to develop your skills and the chance to work on some of the biggest communications challenges and issues of the day.
Congratulations to DFID for winning Campaign of the Month with the Global Disability Summit.07/02/2019 11:10:00
Congratulations to DFID for winning Campaign of the Month with the Global Disability Summit.
Congratulations to NHS Digital for winning Campaign of the Month21/01/2019 12:20:00
NHS Digital ran the #JusteReferrals campaign, to raise awareness of a national NHS target which required all GP practices and acute hospital trusts to use the NHS e-Referral Service for all consultant-led first outpatient appointments.
Open now: Host a GCS Apprentice12/12/2018 16:25:00
The GCS Apprenticeship is a key part of the GCS Diversity and Inclusion Strategy to recruit, train and develop talented communicators, and establish a strong, diverse pipeline for future leaders of government communications.
Applications open to host a GCS intern28/11/2018 13:20:00
The GCS Internship is a communications-specific scheme for students from diverse backgrounds, aimed at recruiting future leaders for the GCS. Departments, agencies and ALBs are invited to submit a request to host a GCS intern over Summer 2019. Make sure you send in your requests by 14 December.
Congratulations to the Food Standards Agency for winning Campaign of the Month27/11/2018 09:25:00
FSA ran the ‘Easy to ASK’ food allergy campaign addresses the fear of eating out among young adults, by empowering them to Ask about allergens, Speak up and Keep safe.
Secondment opportunities 201926/11/2018 12:20:00
GCS members, do you want to stretch yourself with a new career challenge in 2019?