Government Communications Service
Congratulations Public Service Comms Excellence Awards winners
Congratulations to all winners of the joint GCS, LG communications and LGA Public Service Communications Excellence Awards 2018.
Thank you to everyone who entered this year’s awards. A judging panel from GCS, LG Comms, LGA reviewed over 70 campaigns received from teams across all UK government and public service communications, winners were announced at a special evening event as part of this year’s Communications Academy held in Birmingham. Congratulations to all our shortlisted winners and special mention to our Platinum Award winner HMRC for the Self Assessment 2018 campaign.
HM Revenue & Customs: Self Assessment 2018
- London Borough of Waltham Forest: London Borough of Culture
- Counter Terrorism Policing: Action Counters Terrorism
- Department of Work and Pensions: Get to know your pension
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency: #FakeMeds
- Health and Safety Executive: Go Home Healthy
- Salisbury Council / Wiltshire Public Services Partnership: Wiltshire Public Services Partnership
- South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue: Our Firefighting Mum
- Ministry of Justice: MoJ Values
- Lancashire County Council: Thinking about Adoption?
- Scottish Government and Transport Scotland: Breathtaking Roads
- St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust: Nursing Recruitment
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Food is GREAT
- Department for International Development: Soccer Aid for UNICEF and UK Aid Match
- Birmingham City Council: Commonwealth Games Handover
- Manchester City Council: Manchester Together
- Network Rail: Small Talk Saves Lives
- Hertfordshire County Council: #justtalk
- Home Office: Disruptive Effects for Maritime Port Security
- Innovate UK: Women in Innovation
- Royal Air Force: RAF 100
Latest News from
Government Communications Service
Welcome to GCS – Directors of Communications appointments17/05/2019 15:25:00
Alex Aiken, Executive Director for Government Communications and Head of Profession congratulates colleagues appointed to Directors of Communications roles for the profession.
Alex Aiken on the PRCA Communications Census 201913/05/2019 11:10:00
Blog post by: Alex Aiken, Executive Director of Government Communication, Friday 10 May 2019.
Discussing Anxiety with Conversations: Connecting Diverse Voices10/05/2019 12:25:00
Blog post by: Asif Siddiquee and Justine Harding, Thursday 9 May 2019.
Alex Aiken on why 2019 is the Year of Marketing03/05/2019 16:48:00
Blog post by: Alex Aiken, Executive Director of Government Communication, 02 May 2019.
GCS launches Year of Marketing03/05/2019 15:48:00
GCS has launched the Year of Marketing, an ambitious initiative to ignite discussion around evolving societal and technological trends and the implications for Government marketing.
Congratulations to the Ministry of Justice for winning Campaign of the Month29/04/2019 16:25:00
The Ministry of Justice ran a campaign to raise awareness of the law change regarding upskirting and to encourage victims to report the crime.
Conversations: Connecting Diverse Voices launches in 201917/04/2019 16:10:00
Blog post by: Laurence Ainscough and Anusha Mata, Wednesday 17 April 2019.
Why you should apply for the Inspire programme15/04/2019 16:38:00
Sasha Fuller, Head of External Affairs at the Department for Work and Pensions, writes about her experiences on the Inspire programme, and why you should apply to join it.