Contribute a case study to techUK’s landmark digital twins report!
techUK is aiming to kick-off 2021 in style with the release of a landmark report ‘Unlocking value across the UK’s digital twin ecosystem’.
This report, which is being developed by techUK’s core Digital Twin Working Group, will be made available for techUK-wide comment and review between the 1 – 9 February 2021.
Crucially, we are on the lookout for eye-catching digital case studies (for inclusion in the report) arriving from the following domains:
- Energy supply & net zero
- Movement of people and goods
- Productivity, manufacturing & engineering
- Built environment & geospatial
- Public sector & public good
- Non-physical (e.g. cyber security, finance etc.)
Key areas that we are interested in relate to:
- What is the focus of the digital twin? (i.e. component, asset, process, system, system-of-system?)
- Why have you opted for a digital twin approach? / What is the scope of decision-support? (i.e. strategy & planning, performance optimisation, assurance etc.)
- How long is the expected lifespan of the digital twin?
- What is the time horizon for the intervention supported by the digital twin? (i.e. from real-time to long-term)
- What technical components are required to deploy the digital twin?
- Have you used any data standards for DT input or output data?
- Have you documented and / or shared the in- / output meta data?
- Has the DT been integrated with another DT?
If you would like to contribute a case study, get in touch with Tom.Henderson@techUK.org today to find out more! (N.B. the deadline for case study submission is the 9 February 2021.
Latest News from
Understanding cybersecurity and data protection in China22/01/2021 16:25:00
Before a UK company sets up in China, it’s key to weigh up cybersecurity risks – for this, early research and expert advice are both vital.
Guest blog: The future of borders by Al Potter, Leidos22/01/2021 14:15:00
There are lessons to be learned from 2020. While the coronavirus pandemic impacted the flow of trade and travel, every effort has been made to ensure border transactions do not stop.
Skills for Jobs White Paper – what does it mean for the tech industry?22/01/2021 11:25:00
Government has ambitious plans to put the skills needs of businesses at the heart of the Further Education system.
Navigating business ethics in China21/01/2021 16:25:00
Why vigilance and transparency are key to operating successfully in the world’s second-largest economy.
Staying legal in China’s expanding markets21/01/2021 11:25:00
Get to know the red tape, but it doesn't need to stand in your way.
Secure video calls help all prisoners maintain essential family ties during pandemic20/01/2021 11:25:00
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) recently, 18 January 2021, published an article explaining the roll out of video calling facilities to all prisons across England and Wales in just over 6 months.
Chinese business culture and market entry19/01/2021 16:25:00
To make the most of opportunities in China, you need to understand and address the risks.
Digital Technology in Prisons19/01/2021 11:25:00
A report recently released by the Centre for Social Justice (CJS) explores the power of technology for unlocking relationships, learning and skills in UK prisons.
Guest Blog: The power of taking IoT to the mass market18/01/2021 13:33:00
Analysts have been predicting the future of IoT since before most of us had even considered smart technology, but as the market expands across homes, wearables and tracking technologies, its potential is more tangible than ever.